Angela's Reviews > Mr. Darcy's Diary

Mr. Darcy's Diary by Amanda Grange

Feb 05, 10

liked it
bookshelves: historical, for-kirsten, love-or-romance, retelling, regency, books-i-own, read-in-2010
Read from February 02 to 05, 2010 — I own a copy

This was a good P&P retelling from Darcy's perspective. I like that it gave me something to like about Anne and that it went beyond the wedding quite a few months. My favorite P&P retelling from Darcy's POV is still Darcy's Story. Now it's time to go swoon over Colin Firth and Matthew McFayden! :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mr. Darcy's Diary.

message 1: by Nikki (new)

Nikki Which is your favorite movie version? I can't help loving Matthew McFayden slightly more because that movie is so gorgeous — cinematography, music, actors, acting. It's my favorite movie of all time, actually! Seeing your review makes me want to go watch it right now. :)

Angela It depends on my mood. I think I love the Matthew McFayden movie more in terms of the visuals and the feel of it. But sometimes I'm in the mood for the more lengthy version and hearing every. single. word. from the book (or at least more of them than the shorter version).

message 3: by Nikki (new)

Nikki True. That's maybe the one thing I like from the BBC version better: there's more of it, so I get to see more of my favorite scenes.

Angela Yes. But at the same time, there's just something to the Colin Firth version ... it's kind of like first love, you know? It may not be cinnematically inspiring and the actors are necessarily the most handsome/beautiful, but I still love it too. I really can't decide. So usually my decision is made by how much time I have to devote to it.