Gokce ~Muslin Myst~'s Reviews > Gone

Gone by Michael  Grant

Feb 18, 10

bookshelves: favourites, series, young-adult, 2010, supernatural, dystopia, series-1st-book
Read from February 14 to 18, 2010

** spoiler alert ** A very good start to a very good, gripping series. This book, or the plot more likely, reminded me of Lord of The Flies, young people suddenly left with no adult around, with a twist of the supernatural.

In a Californian town, suddenly people over the age of fourteen disappear, literally "poof out", leaving a bunch of yougsters to their own destinies. Some of these children have supernatural powers and some of them don't. Some of them realise they still have responsabilities, some of them are blinded with power to control this new "world" they're left to. The story focuses on two of these children, Sam and Caine, who have supernatural powers and who are the opposite sides in the fight that threatens the once peaceful life in town; Sam, the humble hero, and Caine, the bully. In addition to all, time is running out for the two boys as they're days away from turning fifteen to pop out of their world.

It's an interesting plot, a fast pace story with good characters. A series I'm definitely going to read till the end to find out what is it all about.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Gone.

02/14/2010 "I'm going for this, since someone from the library requested after me :)"
02/14/2010 "I'm going for this, since someone from the library requested it after me :)"
02/15/2010 page 153
27.32% "I'm going for this, since someone from the library requested it after me :)"
02/15/2010 page 238
42.5% "I'm going for this, since someone from the library requested it after me :)"
02/16/2010 page 339
60.54% "I'm going for this, since someone from the library requested it after me :)"
show 3 hidden updates…