Baine's Reviews > Mockingjay

Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins

Jul 31, 10

bookshelves: to-read, favorites, books-i-own

"THERE IS NO DISTRICT 12."
Period. End of sentence. End of story. Biggest. Cliffhanger. Ever.
Oh. my. gosh.

I CANNOT WAIT!!! August 24... Someone could tell me the world was ending August 23rd and i'd say, no it isn't! Mockingjay isn't out yet, stupid! The world can't end! What about August 25th? Hah! well i'll have red it by then, so im good.

Was it just me or did everyone else frantically flip the pages after finishing Catching Fire? I was like,
NOOOO! That cannot be how she ended it! DANG that was the best book ever! omygoshomygoshomygosh! Theres got to be more! *rubbed eyes and stared at the last sentence before going completely rabid*
I hate to admit that i threw the book at the wall and then apologized to it.

This is what i think is gunna happen...

They're not going to the arena again. Don't worry. Im, like, 99% positive on this one.

There's a full scale rebellion and im pretty sure the whole book will be about that. Of course Katniss will be leading it. I think she's going to finally step up to the plate and bring the capital down... and maybe she finally does assume roll as leader because someone she loves is being held hostage... aka Peeta. or her family... or maybe she'll be a martyr to the cause, and is about to be killed when Gale jumps in front of her and takes the punishment... NO!!! Gale can't die! Stupid, reckless, sexy Gale! Dont die on me! omygod. Gales gunna die!... maybe...

And of course she's gonna have to choose a guy. And I think Madge likes Gale and I think they're gunna end up together (if he doesn't die) and Peeta and Katniss will too.

And I bet something bad's gunnna happen to either Katniss or Gales family, someone's gunna die (obviously), and someone's gunna get held captive and they're gunna have to break into the capital and rescue them... maybe madge'll die... and of COURSE there's gunna be District 13 with their bombs or whatever.

Wait! Wait! I've got it! So Peeta's being held captive (i think they might be doing scientific experimentation on humans) and Katniss goes to rescue him -and tells Gale to get her family to the safety of District 13- well Gale doesn't listen and gives Haymitch or someone else the job while he goes to the capital also without Katniss' knowledge. A couple differnet scenarios at this point.
1) Katniss has to choose between her life or Peetas life and of course she chooses to let Peeta live -very much against his will- and right before she dies in comes Gale and takes the metaphorical bullet (he dies. :C *sniffle*). In which case Katniss and Peeta will try to overthrow the capital and kill Snow --Oooooh! With the help of the army that Gale brought! Oooooh! Yeah!
OR
2) Gale gets captured along with Peeta and Pres Snow and his sadistic little creepy self makes Katniss pick between Gale and Peeta because he knows how impossible the choice will be for her. Maybe he knows he can get something very good out of a deal with her: they both get to live at the cost of something else... I dont know what. Then in comes the army I talked about earlier. Many people would die in that fight.

OR... maybe they do go into the arena after all. I dont think so, but maybe Snow drops all of Katniss's 'people' into the arena: kats family, gales family, peeta, haymitch, madge, etc. Maybe he had this twisted plan -- They're all so loyal to katniss that they'll kill themselves for her cause -- that would cause katniss an impossible amount of pain. Katniss would think it was all her fault -- would she sacrifice herself? Hmm...

Something else I don't think anyone's thought alot about:
President Snow is a vampire?! C'mon, now!

The mine explosion was SUCH a cover-up. Not even funny. I'm pretty sure there's gunna be something about Katniss('?/'s?/s'?) dad. Yep. There's gunna be something.

So what twists do you predict?
Me? Maybe she'll be pregnant. But that was kinda already used. And she did say she was never gunna have a kid...
I don't think anybody's gunna be able to predict these twists though. Collins was just so fantastic at making me go OMYGOSH! in the last 2 books. i was like WOAH! I didn't see that coming! and i wanted to talk to someone about it so bad, but no one had read the books so... lol

*odd note: Pita is a type of bread (middle-eastern). Lol. Pronounced the same way as Peeta. Collins has a sense of humor!

I'm pretty sure this will be fast-paced and suspenseful, but maybe Collins will take a differnet approach. Maybe it'll be a bit quieter. Maybe they'll change their identities to get into the capital and be spy-like. But that just wouldn't work too well, don't you think? Maybe Mockingjay won't be written from Katniss's POV.. but.. hmm. I don't know how well that would work either.
Yep. I tink I'm going to stick to my earlier guess. Fast-paced and suspenceful. Twists that will leave you on the edge of your seat. You won't be able to put it down. And just when you thought there coudn't be any more surprises...
... BAM! Guess what? It's gunna be made into a movie! Yay! Aren't you excited?! Wouldn't that be awesome?
HECK NO! DANGIT if this is made into a movie i will die. dieeeeeee. I do NOT want another TWILIGHT episode, okay? Cause if i ever get sick about hearing about The Hunger Games, i will die. dieeeeeee. Cause everywhere is TWILIGHT TWILIGHT TWILIGHT and i really love the books, but the publicity is killing me. Seriously.

Well anyways...
sorry for wasting, like, 30 minutes of your life.
This has got to be not just the longest review of a book thats not even out yet EVER, its probably the longest review of any book, period.

This is gunna be SOO gooodd!!!!!!!!!

AS OF MONDAY, JUNE 14, 2010 THERE ARE 71 MORE DAYS UNTIL MOCKINGJAY IS RELEASED. :D!!!

***update:
im gunna die! dieeeeeee!!!
...
its being made into a movie.
im just glad i already got the voiolent shock out before posting this, cuz i went a little bit cuckoo... O.o

WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF??????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
**spazzing out**

okay. im done.

70 days!!!

~Here it is, Saturday, July 31, 2:07 PM
24 days, 9 hours, 53 mins until MOCKINGJAY comes out!!!
:DDD

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mockingjay.

Kelly That'd open up Peeta and Katniss with the Madge/Gale plot, I like that a lot.

Jenny I like that too--Madge and Gale would work.

Hannah NOOOOOO!!!! Omigosh noooo! I will be soooooo disappointed if it turns out to be Gale/Madge. I mean, those are who two best friends and she would love to see them happy, but Katniss would be like the third wheel or whatever. Ugh, Gale is so hot! He has to be with Katniss. But then there's Peeta, he's sooooo sweet and loving, but honestly, he deserves sooo much better than katniss. Like Haymitch said, "You could live a thousand lifetimes and still not deserve that boy, you know?" well he said something like that.
Ugh, I love both Peeta and Gale, I hope Suzanne makes her choice all dramatic, not toooo dramatic that it's sappy, but not like "Oh, I've been with Gale my whole life Peeta, I think I want to give someone else a chance" Yeah if that was how it turned out to be I would throw the book down in disgust (not the her picking Peeta part, I have no problem with that, just the way she decided) then, pick it up say my appologies and finish reading. I don't know how I could ever even put Mockingjay down anyways.

Hey! I told you about the Peeta and pita bread and him being the bakers son bit! Haha it doesn't take a genius to figure that out but still!!!!

At least when I finished reading THG and CF, I had someone to talk to about it, but youuuuuuuuuuu wanted to talk about other stuff. Meaniehead (just playing)

8.24.10 is KILLING me! I can hardly wait. I mean every book I read THG envades it. Like in The City of Bones, Clary's hair is bright red, like Foxface's. If Alec's eyes were grey not blue, he would remind me sooo much of Gale (except for the homo part). And Isabelle's long black hair, I was like omigosh dude! Just like Katniss's hair!

I. Can't. Wait. Until. Mockingjay

Lylas, Baine
Hannah

Hannah Ohhhhh, I forgot, ya know they have the first paragraph of Mockinjay out now???

Baine Hey! Look who finally decided to come online! lol

OMGOMGOMG are you serious??????????????????????

and i thought i did talk to you about it...
hahah and isnt that like the longest review everrr???

and when did you read mortal instrument series??? did i ever let you borrow that? cuz its awesome!

Baine n LUV YOU TOO HUN!
lol

Hannah I forced my mom to buy me the first one. Dude that book was sooooooooooooooo good!!!!!

I haven't read the ashes one yet but at the en I was like nooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!! Jace can't be clarys brother!!!! I mean they were so perfect for each other and it turn out they are siblings. Ugh I hope clary doesn't end up with Simon I don't like that kid too much. Oh yeah and I hope her mom wakes up and they get the cup back from her father(hahaha yeah I thought of that as an afterthought, love is so much more important than the fate of the shadowhunter world).

Blah I NEED to read city of ashes my cheap parents want to wait until the library has it. That means no in their language becase the library never has any good books. They get so aggrivating at times

Baine Uh hello?? hun i have the series.

Come and get it!

...

god that sounded so wrong...

But anyways i have many books you need to read

Hannah Forreallll???? Haha don't be surprised if I come by your house sometime to get it. (I'll return it, I don't steal stuff (ok, sometimes I do, but not books))

Baine lol okay
well im not gunna be here this weekeend but... hey maybe when we go to that vb camp in VA
my mom still has to talk to your mom about that.. ugh shes so forgetfulll!

anyways yeh. lots and lots and lots of books you have to read. look in my books-i-own and favorites shelves

message 11: by Nick (last edited Jun 25, 2010 09:24PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Nick NO! Madge doesnt like Gale. Madge just brought the painkillers for Gale because Katniss(('s) dont know what to do there either) mum and Madge's(that's easier) mum were friends or something. She explained it away... it's fine, it's fine.

...pretty sure Gale is going to die though. But anyway, a possibility people are overlooking is that none of them die? My guess is Haymitch. He's so tortured as is and i think he'll protect/save Katniss and Peeta. Random thought, maybe Finnick will end up with Madge. Or he'll die! Or both! Yes definately both. Glad i worked that out.

Everything i've said has been one big contradiction so just one more i promise.

Whatever happens Katniss is for sure going to have a kid (that sounded abit sexist) because no more Hunger Games! Maybe she wont know who's it is until it grows up killing turkeys or baking cookies. Or god forbid... swimming.

59 days till we find out for ourselves.

PS. Hannah, how do you not like Simon, he's funny as. Kinda nerdy to the point of annoying but who doesnt love sarcasm!

Dixie Marie Woa. Woa. Woa. Were you serious about it being made into a movie. Oh My God! The media is going to ruin the best series ever! This can not be for real! I liked your review it was funny, and you make some good points. And! I totally thought Prez Snow was a Vampire for a second. I mean come on! Why else would his breath smell like blood!? Either that or he's had so mush Botox done that he bleeds from it. The guy creeps me out.

Baine Nic wrote: "NO! Madge doesnt like Gale. Madge just brought the painkillers for Gale because Katniss(('s) dont know what to do there either) mum and Madge's(that's easier) mum were friends or something. She exp..."

haha! youre kinda funny
anyways yeah well wouldnt it be perfect if noone died?
but to keep us on the edge someone big is gunna die. i mean, what a pansy of a book it would be if they didnt. i personally think at least 2 of our favorite characters are gunna die. :(
n the kid thing... i can definately see that happening, and she did talk/think about it enough to the point where you know collins had it there for a reason...
and i think finnicks kinda hot. but then again, i do think lots of fictional characters are hot...
but yeah you do have a point. it would be a huge twist if she ended up not picking either one of em..
but for ONCE can the sexy best friend PLEASE GET THE GIRL?????????????????????????????? goshhhhhh!
omygooood i cannot waittttttttttttttt!

Baine Dixie wrote: "Woa. Woa. Woa. Were you serious about it being made into a movie. Oh My God! The media is going to ruin the best series ever! This can not be for real! I liked your review it was funny, and you mak..."

Lol thanks.
and yes. i am dead serious about the movie.
i wanna find this director guy and lock him in a room and go all Sayid (LOST, folks) on him and push bamboo sprouts under his fingernails.
OR better yet we can call that SAW dude (yeah, i have him on speed dial) and he can do one of his creeepy torture-y thingys on him... O.o
muwahahahaha!

and seri bout the prez. very creepy. blech

Dixie Marie Yes! Do it! This is shallow but were all thinking it. They better not cast an ugly guy to play Peeta! I could understand why people love Twilight so much, if Robert Pattinson wasn't so hideous.

Baine ugh! gosh ik right? they could at LEAST make him work out with Taylor (;
n gale better be sexy too.
ughhh i cant believe ittt! god im so pissed right now!

The Wolves of Mercy Falls, The Mortal Instruments, and The Hunger Games are all becomong movies.
SHOOT ME NOW! ughhh! grrr!
but, at least knowing maggie stiefvater, she probably doesnt want all the media attention that twilghts gotten, she'll try to keep it low. god i hope so.

Dixie Marie Ugh! Shiver is so good! The media better not screw it up. The Hunger Games is being made by Lionsgate films, and their movies usually stay lowkey.
Ok! So me and my friend were sitting in a movie theater watching a preview for a new Zac Efron movie called Charlie St. Cloud. (the movie looks really good. I almost cried during the the preview. just saying)
So my friend bets me ten bucks that Zac Efron will play Peeta in the movie. What do you think?

message 18: by Nick (new) - rated it 4 stars

Nick I never read the Twilight series so i dont know how far off the movies are, all i know is that if Kristen Stewart made her way into the Mortal Instruments or Hunger Games movies... I WOULD DIE! Seriously she has one facial expression. Find any two sillshots from any of the twilight movies and try and guess what she's thinking. It is always the same!

Anyway they will have to handle the Hunger Games movies really carefully, you know, because of all the killing. It will be aimed at teens but you would think it has to be MA15+.

Zac Efron doesnt really seem big enough to be Peeta so he would have to work out alot and dye his hair blonde.

52 days...

Baine Dixie wrote: "Ugh! Shiver is so good! The media better not screw it up. The Hunger Games is being made by Lionsgate films, and their movies usually stay lowkey.
Ok! So me and my friend were sitting in a movie ..."

NONONONONONO!!!
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
hes kinda hot but if hes peeta i will shoot him. and the director. and every other freakin person who made the movvie . omygod i think ill cry if that happens. ill go into violent shock. ill kill the prez (jk)

omygod i would be soooooooooooo pissed off if that happened.
i dont have too many problems with him, being hot but wayyyy too popular.

Baine Nic wrote: "I never read the Twilight series so i dont know how far off the movies are, all i know is that if Kristen Stewart made her way into the Mortal Instruments or Hunger Games movies... I WOULD DIE! Ser..."

omygoood! 52 days? YESSSS!
n ikr! i luv kristen,shes way indie-er than everyone else, shes used to working on small movies, and im soo jealous of her its not even funny. but shes sooooo awkward. its hilarious. eveyone says Jasper looks like hes in pain, but they got it wrong. lol. i saw her on regis & kelly a few days ago n she was soooo ... uncomfortable looking,. its so funny

n totally yeah about peeta. hes got broad shoulders. arm muscles. football player type body, whereas gale is more wiry

Dixie Marie Exactly! That's what I was thinking. But my friend is the most pestimistic persin on the planet. So she thinks this is how they'll ruin it!
I had the weirdest dream last night about The Shiver movie! It was like my worst nightmare. All I remember is seeing Robert Pattinson in those yellow contacts with black hair. I felt like barfing when I woke up!

Baine O.o
nooooooooooo.
alex turner MUST play Sam!!!

Baine OKAY people! Poll time!

Who do you think Katniss is going to choose? (Finnick isn't an option)

Do you think Haymitch is going to die or not?

Do you think Gale and Madge will end up together?

message 24: by Nick (last edited Jul 06, 2010 09:05PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Nick Umm first things first, Gale and Madge will NOT end up together! No way, no how. Not going to happen. I went over this didn't I?

Second, Haymitch is FOR SURE going to die in some big self sacrifice to save Katniss.

Anyway Katniss will choose... Gale. If it is going to be anyone it's Gale. So i'm guessing Peeta will die or fight with Finnick over Madge. Which sucks because i like Peeta better than Gale since Gale never really did anything or made a move until Peeta and Katniss were already fake(not-so-fake) together. For a dreamy guy he's a bit of a wuss in the romance department. Whereas Peeta is actually in love with Katniss and is alot more selfless.
“You could live a thousand lifetimes and not deserve him.”

Whatever happens I cant wait for Mockingjay. I mean i actually cant wait! It's so far away!!!

48 days...

Baine Nic wrote: "Umm first things first, Gale and Madge will NOT end up together! No way, no how. Not going to happen. I went over this didn't I?

Second, Haymitch is FOR SURE going to die in some big self sacrif..."

yeah yeah whatever okay.. they wont end up together. got it.

...you wanna bet on that? lol. $5
welllll they cant end up together if he dies, which i reaaaaallly dont want, but i have a feeling its gunna happen... so no $5. nvm

i dont want haymitch to die (well i dont really want anyone to die... besides Snow, but thats a given), but youre right. he probably is.

And you KNOW its gunna be Peeta she picks!! i have NEVER read a book where the girl chooses Gales character over Peetas. ever. the best friend always gets kicked to the curb (in the nicest way possible) and he always magically finds someone else. alwayss. (...alwayyyssss!...)
you have NO idea how much i wish that werent the case, but it is. im like, psychic. or observent. but psychic sounds cooler

if anyone were to make me eat my words though, itd be collins

.... wait a sec. what would peeta do without katniss? she may not deserve him, but seriously! if she chose peeta (i mean when), gale would go on. he had a life.

whatever. i dont even want peeta to win, but thats probably cuz hes is. if gale were 'winning' id probably be for peeta.

and UGH! 48 days???
wasnt it just, like, 51 days a week ago?
grrr

Baine i reaaaaally hope she makes me go
'HOLY CRAP!!! WTF JUST HAPPENED???'

lol. :)

Dixie Marie I would die if Princess Twilight (Kristin Stewert) was put in the Hunger Games. She always looks kind of like she's not completely there. It's the eyes.

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

Baine wrote: "Nic wrote: "NO! Madge doesnt like Gale. Madge just brought the painkillers for Gale because Katniss(('s) dont know what to do there either) mum and Madge's(that's easier) mum were friends or someth..."

HAHAH! When you wrote something about characters being hot in books, I was like "Holy Crap! FINALLY! I'm not so weird after all!!"
lol, I think Finnick is kinda hot too..
and Gale, OMG! I think Gale is hot.
Woah..
that seemed kinda lame.
And when I read a book I imagine the way they look. Then, I decide if they're hot or not. :D

Baine haha yeahh honey im in loooovee
patch, sam roth, graves, gale,
god i could keep going on
DIMITRI!
hes hot

message 30: by Emily (new)

Emily you say it's funny that peeta sounds like the type of bread, well, gale is 2 things: a)a bird and b)a girl's name also. When i 1st heard my friends talk about gale, katniss, and peeta, i thought they were fighting over whether or not the main character was gay

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

HAHA! but, Katniss is a boys name too?
That actually made me laugh out loud a little :D

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

I think Fang from Maximum Ride is hot too...
Hmm..
and all this talk about KRISTEN STEWART?!
wtf!
lmao.
no, she cannot CANNOT be in The Hunger Games movies. I'll absolutely shot her in the head if I have to.
and yeah, I really think Peeta should be played by someone who isn't really famous, ..but hot all the same.
ZAC EFRON?!
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
He will NOT be played by Peeta. Come on now!
Yeah, we get it he's super hot but Peeta needs to be blonde. I don't think Zac will give up his hair for the part of Peeta.

Baine Emily wrote: "you say it's funny that peeta sounds like the type of bread, well, gale is 2 things: a)a bird and b)a girl's name also. When i 1st heard my friends talk about gale, katniss, and peeta, i thought th..."

LMFAOO! seriously. the names are weird, and the body color stuff is creepy... cuz its almost like it could happen in the future, ya know?
i will never be green. i would be blue, maybe purple. lol

Baine Marissa wrote: "I think Fang from Maximum Ride is hot too...
Hmm..
and all this talk about KRISTEN STEWART?!
wtf!
lmao.

yup and zacs just not beefy enough. peetas got broad shoulders n everything in my head

message 35: by [deleted user] (new)

haha, my head too! I'm also picturing Peeta a little tan.
and I'm picturing Gale with his shirt off from time to time. hah. :)

message 36: by Nick (new) - rated it 4 stars

Nick Baine wrote: "Nic wrote: "Umm first things first, Gale and Madge will NOT end up together! No way, no how. Not going to happen. I went over this didn't I?

Second, Haymitch is FOR SURE going to die in some big..."

I would totally take that bet! Easy $5

I get what your saying about the best friend and the other guy thing. But Peeta is more filling the best friend role because he's all devoted and caring and all that nice stuff. Plus she could have him if she wanted him but she doesnt, i think she just feels like she owes him her life... twice. Even though Gale is her bestfriend, he's is the unnatainable(?) one who Katniss cant be with even though she's in love with him. That makes sense, yes?

I think your psychicness is failing :P

So get ready to eat your words because i have NEVER read a book where the girl chooses the devoted nice guy over the brooding, complicated, "i cant express my feelings because of my deep vulnerability" guy. I would be SHOCKED if she chose Peeta precisely because he doesnt have anything else. She cant make the easy choice! Thats like so... i dont know but she wont do that.

This waiting thing is brutal. Its sending me totally insane!!

46 days...

Baine Marissa wrote: "haha, my head too! I'm also picturing Peeta a little tan.
and I'm picturing Gale with his shirt off from time to time. hah. :)"

woot! :)
ohh yeahh!
you know hes got a hot body!
(; lol

Baine one thing that i noticed about the hunger games books is that the characters arent described in as much detail as other books; i mean, like Katniss isnt checking them out all the time.

but thing is, collins is such a damn good writer that i didnt notice that til now. and theres enough of an (awesome) actual storyline/plot that she doesnt need to fill up space with a pointless love story, like, just to fill up pages like some authors do so you don't notice theres no plot (even though theres still some "romance" in there). Katniss isnt a hormone-driven teenager. Shes mature. Shes the provider at her house (like gale, thats why theyd be good together), so shes got more to worry about than guys.
thats another reason i love her character.
i just wish i could picture the guys better.
lol.

Baine Nic wrote: "Baine wrote: "Nic wrote: "Umm first things first, Gale and Madge will NOT end up together! No way, no how. Not going to happen. I went over this didn't I?

Second, Haymitch is FOR SURE going to d..."

Gale is definately the 'witty guy friend' and Peetas definately the sweet 'interest', but (as usual) Gale liked her, she was oblivious, Peeta comes along, he likes her, she likes him, then Gales feelings come out, she realizes she likes him too; but she cant choose -she wont hurt anyone, its not in her nature- and since she has bigger things to worry about, like leading a rebellion, shes not gunna choose early on. i think something big is gunna have to happen for her to realize who she likes best.

Besides that, you have to think about whats going through Collins head and what would keep the story going. I didnt think Katniss would choose Peeta over gale b/c Gale has a life, i mean what would Collins do with that story? Gale and Katniss both very busy leading a rebellion together and taking care of their families and everyone they care about and tons of other things while Peeta just sits around mopey? i mean, im sure he would help, but Peetas whole story would be over without Katniss.

What do we know about Peetas life 'before'? pretty boring. regular life, minor parental issues, but besides that a very regular, boring life.
Gale? his father died, leaving him with 4 (?) siblings and a mom to take care of. he broke the law on a daily basis. Maybe not ideal, but he had a purpose- he still does. his family is the most important thing to him.

So what would Collins do with that story?

i also think itd be too hard for Katniss to choose, but she needs to end up choosing Peeta so the story can keep going, and collins wouldnt do that to her fans- i mean just letting Katniss say out of nowhere "okay Peeta! i want you!"- so she has to have a legit reason to choose Peeta, so Gales gunna die in the middle of the book i think. im not saying Collins is taking the easy way out, though.

...
WAIT A MINUTE! i just thought of something...
i still like above theory better, but...
Katniss could choose Gale without Peetas story coming to a halt if... (lol, more elipses...)

well its actually a pretty logical conclusion to come to now that i think about it... im gunna have to update my review...

...after they kill Snow or whatever, Peeta becomes the prez! :O ...yeahhhhh

ACTUALLY if Katniss ends up choosing Peeta and Gale doesnt die (just dont know what her reasons are), i think Gale would be prez instead of having a dramatic death. And since one of our favorite characters didnt die, thered have to be more deaths to balance it out... haymitch, finnick, madge,.... etc.
Actually, this is more probable than Gale dying. Like i said, he had a life. He had a family that was utterly dependent on him to live, Collins couldnt just let his entire familiy die. that would be horrible.

Well before anything can happen, Katniss and friends have to go to district 13 and go rescue Peeta and the others
...

woahhhhh this is lonnnnng!
lol.

message 40: by [deleted user] (new)

Ahh!
but someone HAS to die.
It can't just be a book with utter happiness.
You know?
I don't know..
I'd probably think that Peeta was going to die.
Like you said, Gale had a family that depended on him.
Peeta's family probably died with all the others in District 12.
I think this book is going to seriously make me cry.
:'(

message 41: by Nick (new) - rated it 4 stars

Nick Baine wrote: "Nic wrote: "Baine wrote: "Nic wrote: "Umm first things first, Gale and Madge will NOT end up together! No way, no how. Not going to happen. I went over this didn't I?

Second, Haymitch is FOR SUR..."

...Umm i get what you're saying except for one part. When did Katniss really CHOOSE Peeta? She cares about him because he's saved her like 100 times but i think, especially in the first book Peeta was the one who loved Katniss and she was totally oblivious to it and kept thinking about Gale and what he would think. She thought everything was just for the camaras. I think in a perfect world without hunger games and starving children Katniss would be with Gale because she loves Peeta but is IN LOVE with Gale.

Thats just how i saw S.C. set it up. Peeta is the nice guy who deserves her and Gale is the one she really wants. Though at the start of Mockingjay her focus will be on Peeta because she feels super guilty about putting him in danger... AGAIN.

and yeah, Marissa if the 3 main characters survive then there will be some serious crying moments in this one. Like i reckon Prim or Mrs Everdeen will die :(

45 days...

aww crap 45 days! Thats like foreverrr!!!

Baine ughhh tooooo lonngg!
rawrr!

n yeah, i think she does love Peeta she just doesnt realize it becausse she has much more important things to worry about...

but what would peetas story be about? like i said it would jsut come to an abrupt halt.

message 43: by Nick (new) - rated it 4 stars

Nick Maybe they wont rescue Peeta right at the start?
It cant be easy to just waltz into the Capitol and break him out. I think that will be his story for most of the book. He'll be captive and they'll have to try and save him while bring down the Prez.

Katniss obviously isnt going to choose Peeta or Gale on page 3. It'll be at the end when Peeta doesnt need a story anymore.

Im still not sure that one of them isnt going to die so its probably not going to matter anyway.

Dixie Marie I know someones going to die. I bet Prez Vamp is going to force them to call off the rebelion to get Peeta back. Something like that maybe.

Hannah Dang Baine, congrats, you got like a million comments. Took me bout an hour to get through reading all of 'em.

Ok so i got really bored one day and I looked up the latin or romanian or something meaning of the name 'Gale'. It said a big gust of wind

So far in the books, Gale hasn't really done that much. But he HAS to live up to up his name, so I think Gale is going to have a much, much, much, much bigger role in Mockingjay then in THG and CF.

I mean not that he gets to say more and show up in there more, but that he does something big. And by big I mean sneak into the Capitol, rescue Peeta (while everyone else is still wondering how the heck to rescue him without getting caught), shoot Snow, and then get caught, sacrifice himself so Peeta can escape and go to District 13 and the capitol will kill Gale, or elect a new prezzz and send him into the 76th Hunger Games (if they still have them)

Ohmygosh. I just now thought of all that stuff. Like on the top of my head...but wouldn't that be completely amazing if that did happen. I mean it would be like whoah for Katniss when she finds out.

It about 40 days now until we actually find out. Is it just me or is anybody else scared for the release?

I know I am. I want it to come out, but then again I don't because all this theorizing (I have no clue how to spell that) and stuff that we're all doing will come to a halt.

I hope Collins doesn't let Katniss have a baby. In every book I read, the main character having a kid ruins the whole book. (Breaking Dawn, The Lake House (I really can't remember what it was called, but it was by James Patterson), etc) I will seriously throw a tantrum if she has a baby. I mean that would just ruin the entire series. Katniss is 17 FOR HEAVENS SAKE, she is not having little Gale's or Peeta's or even Haymitch's running around. It would just be nasty, she 17!!!

Wow. Mockingjay is going to be amazing. No question. I love the Hunger Games Triliogy and I am also dreading the end of it.

Hope you have fun at camp Baine!!

Hannah Oh yeah, and someone is going to die. No question. I am almost 100% sure about that

In every ending to a book series, somebody dies (Uglies-Zane, City of Bones-Hodge, Johnathan, Valentine, Max, shoot even Jace dies, Ugh, dang it, crap, blah, I had a total brain screw up and I forgot every other book I have ever read except THG and I can't give any more examples, ugh). It's not exciting if someone doesn't die.

I mean if everbody lives then it would be a happy ending, but there are no happy endings in war. I mean come ON! The districts are in full scale REBELLION!! Somebody, if not somebodiessssss, are going to die. A horrible gruesome death, like Rue.\\

Come on people this is the HUNGER GAMES!! Katniss lives in a world where the government thinks it is fun to watch CHILDREN fight to the death for their own entertainment. Suzanne Collins created this world, and in both of the prequels someone big died (yes important people died in Catching Fire, I know ya'll probally didn't cry over Mags death, but she was important, and Wiress, and Darius is as good as dead because he is an Avox) and what would it be if in the exciting thriller ending the series was devoid of all death? I'll tell ya, B.O.R.I.N.G

okay maybeMockingjay wouldn't be boring at all, but it would be a major disappointment to me. And I'm sure ya'll would feel disappointed in the book too if nobody dies

On August 23, I'm seriously staying up until midnight counting down to the release of MockingJay. Like no lie

Baine Nic wrote: "Maybe they wont rescue Peeta right at the start?

ooooooohhh...
good point.
hmm...

...

Baine Hannah wrote: "Dang Baine, congrats, you got like a million comments. Took me bout an hour to get through reading all of 'em.

...duhhhhhh????? thats american honey. lolllll wowwww

yup yup YPPPPPPPP super fantastic funnn! lollll the guy there made up this thing where if something really cool or awesome or funny happens, you yellow-card it. in honor of el futbal. its awesome. haaha

i yelow-card yellow-carding.
(pulls imaginary yellow-card from pocket)

haha
i actually got a tqan/burn on my face!
...

im still white for the most part though...

Baine Hannah wrote: "Oh yeah, and someone is going to die. No question. I am almost 100% sure about that

AMENNN
im sooo glad i found my foneeeeee!!!

Hannah Soo that's what yellow card means. I thought it was an insider with like you and Natalie. Well it still sorta is an insider...but oh well

« previous 1