Emily's Reviews > The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest

Feb 22, 2010

liked it
bookshelves: read-2010
Read from February 02 to 18, 2010

Already looking forward to reading it again when it pubs in the U.S. and I can absorb it all at a more leisurely pace.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest.

message 1: by Ellen (new)

Ellen My mom has this book at home but I only had time to read half of it. THE SUSPENSE.

Emily She'll send it to you when she's done, won't she??? I'd suggest trying to start up a debate over the international exchange of eBooks, but the media channels are a little clogged with other publishing news right now.

message 3: by Ellen (new)

Ellen No, she had finished it already but wouldn't let me take it back to NY with me. Cruel.

Also, other publishing news... well, someone had to start that big slap fight with Amazon, right?

Emily There was no slapping!!!

Oops, I mean, "No comment."

message 5: by Ellen (new)

Ellen It's been pretty awesome to watch from the consumer standpoint, but will cease to be as awesome when every other publisher follows suit. As a recent Kindle owner I didn't know how good I had it!

I also appreciate how big a wrench this throws into Chris Anderson's contention that content wants to be free.

message 6: by Amy (new) - rated it 3 stars

Amy Wait, how did you get this already?

Emily A colleague bought it in Canada and loaned it to me. I was first on a waiting list of others waiting to borrow it, which is why I had to read way too fast to really submerge myself in the experience!