Carrie's Reviews > Set the Dark on Fire

Set the Dark on Fire by Jill Sorenson

Mar 13, 10

bookshelves: read-2010, suspense, law-enforcement, contemporary
Read from March 04 to 13, 2010

Well-done romantic suspense with the emphasis on romantic. The suspense plot was good, but took a back seat to the character development and the romantic relationships. (That's not a problem, just an FYI.) Ms. Sorenson handled the transitions between the four major characters well, and the book read smoothly. I didn't quite buy into the speed at which the relationship between the adult protagonists progressed (pretty much the entire book takes place over four days), but I can suspend disbelief for that. One heads-up: as in Crash Into Me, there is a parallel story involving two teens, one 17 and one 18. While I feel Ms. Sorenson handles these characters and their relationship realistically, I would prefer a "fade to black" approach to teen sexual activity. If you're like me and don't want to visualize a naked 17 year old, then be forewarned. Otherwise, Set the Dark on Fire is a better than average romantic suspense and I look forward to more from Jill Sorenson.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Set the Dark on Fire.

03/12/2010 page 193