Danine's Reviews > Driving with Dead People

197279
Feb 07, 2010

liked it
Read from February 03 to 07, 2010

I picked up this book thinking I would be reading about a young woman's life and her adventures of "Driving with Dead People." What I actually got was a depressing memoir chock full of domestic violence, incest, animal cruelty, suicide, and alcoholism. There are only a small handful of instances of Monica actually driving with dead people.

The reviews of this book mentioned wit and hilarity. I think I cracked a smile twice. This book was not hilarious. The author is not witty. I don't have a problem with these topics, I just don't want to be mislead by the title of a book. If I want to ready about adventures of driving a hearse, I don't want to end the book to end with therapy for suicide brought on by an incestuous childhood. If I wanted to be depressed I would have looked elsewhere.

This memoir was nothing special, and was more like reading a random journal. I was bored and annoyed.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Driving with Dead People.

02/05/2010 page 106
32.42% "This book is boring the hell out of me so far. White trash domestic violence and less funeral home action."