Nikki's Reviews > Crimson Rose

Crimson Rose by R. Malone

Feb 17, 10

bookshelves: giveaways-from-goodreads, reviewed
Read from February 10 to 15, 2010

** spoiler alert ** I don't really know where to begin. I thought this book was going to be sweet and romantic, but it wasn't. I had a hard time getting through it, the hero and the heroine in this book made me want to scream. I don't understand how a woman can be raped, not once but multiple times, giving her two children with the man and deciding that she is going to stay with him because somewhere in the middle of all the rape and holding her prisoner she fell in love. How disgusting. Then you have the man, aka the rapist, who starts to stalk this woman because she looks like a woman from his past. Thus, he believes that he is inlove with her because of it. Give me a break. I usually don't get two whoops if I don't agree with a book, but the content in this book is just to much for me. Now, that I have gotten that off my chest. I feel as though I can breathe a little better.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Crimson Rose.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amanda (new)

Amanda I have not and will not read this book. Firstly because the Hero is a freaking RAPIST!!! Then Secondly the freaking heroine instead of killing the Jerk-off who raped her and killed the man she loved, she falls in love with him. EWWW!!!

message 2: by Nikki (last edited Feb 18, 2010 02:58PM) (new) - rated it 1 star

Nikki R. wrote: "Thanks for your review of this book you won through a give-away. I tried to make it more of a 'forced seduction' scenario than a 'rape'. Sorry you took it as the other way. I made it clear during t..."

Well, then that brings the arguement of him sleeping with her the first time while she thinks it's her husband. Rose also states that both of their children were conceived because of rape. I saw in your book what I saw, I am sorry if that is not how you wanted it to come across. But, I will not apoligize for how I choose to express my views. Anytime a woman says rape, I take it to mean exactly that.

message 3: by Amanda (new)

Amanda R. wrote: "Thanks for your review of this book you won through a give-away. I tried to make it more of a 'forced seduction' scenario than a 'rape'. Sorry you took it as the other way. I made it clear during t..."

Wow that was a rude response I thought authors were taught to handle bad reviews. I hate that you don't like that someone doesn't like your book, really I do. But not everyone is going to like your work, and just because you wrote it to be a certain way in your head doesn't mean thats the way its actually taken. I think you should take a step back, and reread your response because more than once you insinuated an isult there.