Mike Ehlers's Reviews > The Innovator's Dilemma: The Revolutionary Book That Will Change the Way You Do Business

The Innovator's Dilemma by Clayton M. Christensen

Mar 23, 10

bookshelves: intellectual-property
Read in March, 2010

I don't usually go in for business books. But I've heard this author speak in other arenas and I enjoyed it. And this particular book was cited in some intellectual property reading I've done lately, so I decided to pick it up.

The dilema Christensen discusses is interesting, if not compelling, reading. I wonder if I wouldn't have enjoyed it more in shorter form, like a paper or article. But then I'm not in the managerial ranks this book is aimed at. I did enjoy the case studies of various businesses faced with disruptive technology, the author uses them very effectively to prove his point. If nothing else, it did make me see some additional reasons traditional media firms always seem to resist new technology. Maybe not what the author had in mind as a main point, but that's what I got out of it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Innovator's Dilemma.