Nikyta *Miss Forgetful*'s Reviews > Monster

Monster by Joely Skye

Dec 23, 10

bookshelves: contemporary-fantasy, cruelty-abuse, friends-or-enemies-to-lovers, injury-recovery, kidnapped-hostage-taken, m-m, mercenaries-bounty-hunters, psychics-empaths-mediums, samhain-publishing, series-serial
Recommended to Nikyta *Miss Forgetful* by: Perpetua & Bubbles
Read from December 22 to 23, 2010

** spoiler alert ** This was a quick, short story and a great start to a series. Although, I probably wouldn't say that if I didn't already have the other two books in the series. Lol, I'd probably be cussing up a storm on the ending but since I can go straight to the second one, I'm more than pleased.

The relationship between Josh and Kir definitely starts out as enemies but slowly, as Josh helps Kir, it evolves into something different. In the end, however, they're forced right back into enemies because of Josh's hurt towards Kir's deceptive use of his psychic powers on Josh.

I've been putting off reading this series for a while. Why? I have no idea because I really liked Kir and Josh. Kir being sexually abused in the past appealed to me because I like characters who are broken and Kir is just that. Josh, who's been in the military, can't seem to get over his need to protect Kir even though they just met and I liked that, too. This was like a modern-day 'knight in shining armor' story. With psychics and abuse. Lol.

Definitely recommended. happy-1

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Monster.

12/23/2010

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Perpetua Ohh I see now that Marked has been changes to be Shifters 01! According to GR there are only 3 of these now!

Nikyta *Miss Forgetful* Lol. Yeah, I noticed that, too. I figure I'll read this series and then re-read Marked and Lynx then move on to the other two in the Shifters series ^_^

Perpetua I am nearlty finished this one now! Are we re reading Zombie and Minder too?

Nikyta *Miss Forgetful* I just finished. I really liked it so I might just read the others, too. I've got a ton of xmas stories that I need to get through but I think I'll wait until after I finish this series... So, yes, we are going to re Zombie and Minder, too ^_^

Perpetua Nice review! I am still keeping it ar 4*! On to the next one..

Nikyta *Miss Forgetful* Lol. Wait, P!! I'm going to save Zombie for next month so I can put it in my A to Z challenge!!

I should have thought about that before!!

Nikyta *Miss Forgetful* Perpetua wrote: "Nice review! I am still keeping it ar 4*! On to the next one.."

Thanks *blushes*

Perpetua Nikyta wrote: "Lol. Wait, P!! I'm going to save Zombie for next month so I can put it in my A to Z challenge!!

I should have thought about that before!!"

Mmmm Ok I'll stop now! See no harm done!

Nikyta *Miss Forgetful* Lmao. Sorry!!! We'll pick it back up in the new year! (it's weird saying that *snickers*)

Perpetua I know it'll be 2011!! God!

Nikyta *Miss Forgetful* I know, it's crazy. I feel like we just started 2010 like two months ago!!