Devon's Reviews > Angel on the Square

Angel on the Square by Gloria Whelan

Jan 31, 10

bookshelves: own
I own a copy

This book was something different, kind of a treat for me, because it’s about World War I – not my comfort zone – but also about Russia, which is something I’ve been interested in lately.

It’s meant for children, as per usual, but the shallowness of this book was not a problem for me, really. I felt like the length was suitable for the story. I would’ve liked a little more of a follow up – checking in on Misha, especially, because he was so important to Katya, and, thus, to you as the reader. But I like the way it ended, overall.

I really love the conflict between whether or not the Tsar & Empress were good or bad people – in the right or in the wrong.
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Angel on the Square.

Caitlín (Ink Mage) There are actually a few companion books to this one; The Impossible Journey, Burying the Sun, and The Turning.

Devon Ink Mage wrote: "There are actually a few companion books to this one; The Impossible Journey, Burying the Sun, and The Turning."

Thanks! I'll check those out.