Samantha's Reviews > Apache Warrior

Apache Warrior by Carol Ann Didier

May 30, 10

bookshelves: na-romance
Read from May 26 to 30, 2010

I really can't express how disappointed I am in this book. A waste of good reading time for me. My first problem was that the story moved along slowly. It almost felt like an amateur written this. The heroine fell immediately, which I found to be unbelievable. First, she is from Baltimore and grew up very sheltered. She never seen an Indian or even the country side for that matter. So when she, along with her sister, are surrounded by Indians and she is eventually abducted, she is rather calm. No hysterics or anything. I don't know what anyone else would think of this, but I think she was full of it. I would have been screaming, crying and breaking my neck to escape. So once they arrive, she never gets upset that she don't know if her sister is alive or dead. He refuses to tell her anything and they continue to fall in love. Um, this is what I call unrealistic bs because there is no way I would not have worried about my sister. She was held in captivity for months and still no real worries about the sister. The hero pissed me off because he was all over the place and oh did I mention that he speaks spanish too? The spanish terms of endearment was enough to make me know this book is stupid. A multilingual Indian. Finally at the end she is reunited with her sister and he could have taken her there at anytime but she is too dumb to have realized this. So she opts to not stay with her sister and uncle but stay at the camp with her man. The end. I actually have another book by her and I'm so regretting I bought it. I can't stomach to read any NA romance from this author.
4 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Apache Warrior.

05/28/2010 page 4
1.14% "I need to start something calmer after tackling Stormfire but something is making me pull back to that brutal book. Like a train wreck." 1 comment

message 1: by MelissaB (new) - added it

MelissaB Can't wait to see what you think of this one! I have it on Kindle but haven't read it yet.

message 2: by AgentScully (new)

AgentScully Sounds intriguing :-)

Samantha I'll let you ladies know. I have it on my kindle too! It's a buffer for when I can't handle Stormfire! LOL!

message 4: by AgentScully (new)

AgentScully Oh pooooooooooh. Thanks for taking one for the team Samantha.

message 5: by MelissaB (new) - added it

MelissaB This bad review doesn't surprise me at all, I haven't found any good NA historicals written in the last few years. I'll stick with my oldies I guess, these newer ones are so juvenille and badly written.

Thanks for taking one for the team Samantha! I will keep this unread on my Kindle.

Samantha Haha! You ladies are funny. Yes I took one for the team. Today I was out and about and why I found this used bookstore. They were selling books for $1. Oh I got a few NA romance. I am doing the happy dance. My joy got cut short when I was told we had to leave. Men make me sick! I am going to try to go back tomorrow.

Rachael I just started this book but I saw that it was page 65 before anything happened or they even MET ! all the rest was fill in backstories that shouldnt have taken more than 5 pages ......

Rachael Plus did anyone else notice on the cover (the red one) that he looked more mexican than American Indian ?

Samantha Haha! This was not the best book. LOL. I didn't even pay attention to him.

Rachael Samantha wrote: "Haha! This was not the best book. LOL. I didn't even pay attention to him."

lol I got it cheap as a book from book depository (like 2-3 bucks) but yeah wasnt like some native american ones I have read that have been awesome (usually that is one of my fav genres)

message 11: by MelissaB (new) - added it

MelissaB Rachael wrote: "Plus did anyone else notice on the cover (the red one) that he looked more mexican than American Indian ?"

They usually just look like a white guy

message 12: by MelissaB (new) - added it

MelissaB Rachael wrote: "Samantha wrote: "Haha! This was not the best book. LOL. I didn't even pay attention to him."

It's one of my fav genres too, if you find some good ones let me know

Samantha LMAO. I don't pay attention to them on the covers. Not always.

I love NA's but this one was not good. I got a whole stack of them for cheap and I need to get back to them for sure.

Rachael MelissaB wrote:

They usually just look like a white guy"

LOL maybe the ones I have read in the past have been the older historical covers (not the new ones where they all look like tanned white guys)
theres some damn hot half breeds though ...... look at Jacob from twilight .. (taylor lautner) hes half native american and half white and could easily see him as a hot NA
and the guy on the cover I read lately called swim the river ... whoarr

Samantha Was that good, Rachael?

Rachael Samantha wrote: "Was that good, Rachael?"

Swim the River ? yeah was prob one of the better NA's Ive read in awhile .... the guy looked NA (while thats not important most of us do like to look at the covers and imagine thats what he looks like in our heads)
I have a review of it in my "books Ive read" as well as a few others ....

But depends on what ya like I would highly recommend (not NA but more paranormal (vampires) ) Tina Folsoms "scanguards vampires" or her Stealth Guardians (sexy sinful angels) to read :)

Rachael yeah im about hal;fway through the book ... (at the part where the goldminer Mckenzie and Ian Kidnapped her) and Kinda think its odd that Kayto still hasnt tyold her how he feels .. Yet everyone else in the village (stronghold) has either suspected or knows that he wanted her more than just as a slave for his mother ...... I can understand the whole "keeping the Indian blood pure thing" back in those days it prob was .... but hey how many Braves who were good warriors were half and half in the end ?? ... and obviously his mother and father already suspect about the girl and approve of her as a "future daughter" at the end of the day I think they just want to see their son happy and know that Cat Eyes isnt the one for him in his heart ..