Kalyn's Reviews > Stolen

F_50x66
Jan 31, 10

bookshelves: series
Read in January, 2010

The second book of the Women of the Otherworld series. Elena Michaels, the only female werewolf, is the narrator for this one as well. The general plot is well done, but the details in filling the plot out pushed it a little for me. We meet members of other supernatural races (you didn't think werewolves were the only ones, right?) such as demons, witches, sorcerors, vampires, and others. It's got good action to keep things moving and the new characters are intriguing - I'm excited to see more of them in future books.

Elena gets on my nerves here again (I have serious problems with her and Clay as a couple along with her actions not matching her stated thoughts and emotions) but there are lots of other characters to keep things interesting. Warning - there is a lot of misogyny in this book from a few certain characters and some statements/ situations that might be triggering. If any of that would hurt or annoy you, just skip this one.

Not a great read, but fun and quick. I have enough confidence in Armstrong as a writer to continue with the series knowing that it will be enjoyable, even if this one wasn't quite up to par.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Stolen.