Amara's Reviews > The Tin Star

The Tin Star by J.L. Langley

3209098
Feb 20, 2010

bookshelves: kindle, mm, reviewed, contemporary, cowboys
Read from February 13 to 14, 2010

This is the 2nd book I’ve read by J.L. Langley, the first one I tried I didn’t care for at all. I was hesitant to try this one because I’m also not a big cowboy romance fan. I’m so glad I read it, I loved this book. I really enjoyed the characters as well as the plot.
Ethan and Jamie were both great. I really liked them together. I loved that there really wasn’t any inner turmoil with these two. All of the turmoil came from outside sources. I felt so bad for poor Jamie, and if anyone should have wrestle with a lot of angst it should have been him. But these guys never dwelt on things; no whining; no crying; no false assumption of what the other guy wants or feels; no running from everything. It was virtually devoid of all that sappy annoying romance novel junk, very refreshing. The supporting characters were all just as well written. I can’t wait to read their stories.
This is one of the best reads I’ve had in a while. I would probably even read this one again. I definitely look forward to reading more.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Tin Star.

02/13/2010 page 100