Marty's Reviews > Regression

Regression by Kathy Bell

Feb 02, 2010

did not like it
Read from January 30 to February 02, 2010

This started out with such promise, but before long became bogged down in never ending detail that did nothing to move the story along. I found the main character over the top (I am hearing Helen Reddy sing "I am Woman Hear Me -)
The sci-fi part could have been so much more interesting, but was repressed in endless tours of secret labs that did ended with nothing accomplished. I found out this is part of a series - I will be skipping the rest.
I did not win this as a goodreads book. Had I done so, I would have passed it along asap - but will return to the library - asap.
PS A book by Ken Grimwood, Replay, was a much better story along this same line.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Regression.

Kallierose LOL, I mentioned Replay as a much better alternative in my review as well. The one good thing that came out of reading Regression is that it makes me want to read Replay again :-)

Marty Funny how you should mention Replay. I too would like to read again, and I have a copy. I have thought of this book many times over the years.
Now I have reread my review of Regression, and can not recall any of the story.

Kallierose Consider yourself lucky that you can't remember it, LOL. Hopefully time (and lots of good books) will dull my memory as well. I've got a copy of Replay too - as soon as I finish what I'm currently reading that will be at the top of the "to read" pile.

Marty Thanks for being my friend on Goodreads.
Once we re read Replay, we should both give it a great review.
I have been reading lots of late (and as always) but have not been in the mood to write a review, but will on Replay

Kallierose Sounds like a good plan :-) I am reading the first book of a series and I suppose I will probably finish the series before I start Replay, but I think it's only a two-book series so that should help a bit.