Hollyhocks's Reviews > Last Words

Last Words by George Carlin

Feb 11, 10

bookshelves: listenedto
Read from February 09 to 10, 2010

I liked that the audio book started out w/ the person who put it together .. "the writer for the ghost" and George Carlin's daughter Kelly. I also love that they had his brother Patrick narrate cuz there were times that I felt like I was listening to George . . their voices are different .. but when you really get to listening .. it's eerie how much he sounded like George.
I really liked George Carlin, was lucky to see him live a few years back. I had no idea the life he led and his early comedy career. I always knew him as the George that says what's on his mind and educates his audience at the same time. It was actually hard for me to picture a stoned-hippie George not educating while he talked.
I thought it was real unselfish of him to be as truthful as he could be about his personal life .. and how he lacked. Even sharing some insecurities or lack of confidence that I wouldn't ever think he had. I also liked that even though he pointed out the many bad things about his mom and what she passed on to him, he also confessed that .. she was his mom, and he loved her.
I would recommend this to all Carlin fans, whether you know about his life or not. It was a wonderful listen ..

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Last Words.