Shonda's Reviews > Writ in Stone

Mar 06, 2010

liked it
bookshelves: read-2010
Read on January 29, 2010

Nancy Drew is babysitting Owen when a thunderstorm hits River Heights. As a result, a truck jackknifes and a SUV crashes into the truck. Just so happens, this accident happened near Nancy’s charge’s home. Charlie Adams, a tow truck driver and good friend of Nancy’s, calls in a favor of Nancy: he wants to bring the SUV driver by because he has precious cargo that he refuses to part with.

When Charlie arrives with Professor David Severe, an archeologist, he informs Nancy he has proof the Chinese were in America prior to Christopher Columbus. He shows her the artifact (or a “rock” as Owen calls it) and shares its history. Nancy asks Professor Severe to tell his findings at the museum fund raiser. He agrees.

The night of the fund raiser, the professor begins talking about his research and just when he’s about to show the artifact, he realizes it’s missing! And that’s not the only thing that is missing. Owen is missing too. Immediately Nancy is on the case hunting down clues. The first clue leads her to the museum security guard. Did he steal this “rock”? And if so, why? Nancy is determined to find the answers to these questions.

Like book one of this series, the mystery is light and Nancy does a fantastic job with solving the case. I have to say though, I love how the criminals just confess EVERYTHING to her prior to the police showing up. What is it about Nancy that just makes them want to talk??

Yes these graphic novels are not the Nancy Drew I grew up with. I do have to admit, though, I am enjoying them and for now will continue with the series.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Writ in Stone.