Katie Leas's Reviews > QBQ! The Question Behind the Question: Practicing Personal Accountability at Work and in Life

QBQ! The Question Behind the Question by John G. Miller

Jan 30, 10

Read in January, 2010

My company used to have a book club in which the entire staff participated. Prior to my becoming a full time employee with the company and being included in this activity, they read "QBQ!" The book continues to be referenced by executive management and our Account Service Department is reading the book together. Well, I couldn't be left out, so I had to buy it and read it for myself.

I learned a few of the principles in this book though my own failings earlier in life (okay, within the last 12 years) and truly believe in the power of personal accountability. I take away an even greater depth to some of the basics I've already embraced and something I can share as I coach my team at work. No, I can't change them, but I can share this book.

Favorites for me: you always have a choice (I've been saying this for years.) Stress is a choice. Think in "I" terms not them. Do not adopt victim mentality.

It's energizing to read a book and flip your thinking.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read QBQ! The Question Behind the Question.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Taracuda (new)

Taracuda Yuck yuck yuck! I hated that one!

Katie Leas It could be reduced to about 5 - 10 pages, but I like that it tries to get people out of negative thinking.