Vanessa's Reviews > Deeper Than the Dead

Deeper Than the Dead by Tami Hoag

Feb 01, 10

bookshelves: 2010-finished
Read from January 30 to 31, 2010, read count: 1

This is my first book from this author. I liked the way she writes. The dialog and descriptions are pertinent to the story and not overdone. The conversation seems natural and realistic. I liked the police procedures explored, setting the book in 1985, right when DNA and profiling were in their infancy. There was no DNA database and profiling wasn't even close to be understood or widely accepted as it is today.

The romance, while understated, was sweet and added to the story. I liked the characters and the author does a great job of defining them. The only complaint I have about the plot was the amount of violence. Besides the serial killer, there were a couple of other violence side-lines going on. I understand how this might relate to the plot, and yet it just seemed over the top for me.

I had my suspicions about the killer before the end, but didn't know for sure. There was a nice twist at the end, and yet I didn't feel like there was enough closure.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Deeper Than the Dead.

01/30/2010 page 26

Comments (showing 1-3)

dateUp_arrow    newest »

Linda ooh, let me know how you like this one. I've been looking forward to reading it. I didn't even know it was available yet, but I have it pre-ordered at Amazon so I should have it soon.

Vanessa Linda wrote: "ooh, let me know how you like this one. I've been looking forward to reading it. I didn't even know it was available yet, but I have it pre-ordered at Amazon so I should have it soon."

Hi Linda,

I put a hold on it at the library and actually got it about two weeks ago. Maybe the libraries get it earlier. I just put my review up today. Hope you have time to read it.

Linda Thanks for your personal review of Deeper Than Dead. I've always liked Hoag's books and my copy will be here from Amazon soon. Can't wait!