Leigh's Reviews > Lover Mine

Lover Mine by J.R. Ward

Mar 19, 11

Read in March, 2011, read count: 2

10+ stars!

SQUEEEEEEEEE!!!!!! 2011 re-read!!! Sooooooo excited!!!

Some things are destined to be - it just takes us a couple of tries to get there.

O.M.G....seriously, there just truly are not enough proper words for me to describe this book. It is my absolute all-time favorite book, EVER, and it features my all-time favorite hero, John Matthew!

There are just so many wonderful things that this book encompasses, and if I tried to talk about all of them, my review could be as long as the book itself.

Just know that I love, love, LOVE that my boy is all grown up, he is a warrior, he is a fighter, he feels that draw that is Darius within his veins, and his circle was closed when he mated his female. It all came full circle for him, and for that, I am so very happy. He is SUCH a male of worth...he is kind, caring, loyal, strong, fierce, and just the most amazing, loving male there is. Hands.Down. I look forward to re-reading this book many, many times.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lover Mine.

Quotes Leigh Liked

J.R. Ward
“I would hold you up. I will ever hold you up and hold you dear, lover mine.”

J.R. Ward
“Say the word. Say the word and I won't go.

Say the word, Qhuinn. Do it and I'll spend the night with you.

Better yet, why don't you just kiss me-”

J.R. Ward
“In the silence, she felt the past and the present shift and mix, but that was a mirage. There was no way to comfort the lost boy he'd been back then.
But she had the grown male.
She had him right in her arms, and for a brief moment of whimsy, she imagined that she was never, ever going to let him go.”

J.R. Ward
“No, you've got it all wrong, John." Reading his emotions, she shook her head. "You're not half the male you could be because of what was done to you. You're twice what anyone else is because you survived.”

J.R. Ward
“As Qhuinn looked at his best friend's handsome face, he felt as if he'd never not known that red hair, those blue eyes, those lips, that jaw. And it was because of their long history that he searched for something to say, something that would get them back to where they had been. All that came to him was . . . I miss you. I miss you so fucking bad it hurts, but I don't know how to find you even though you're right in front of me.”

03/12/2011 page 1
0.0% "DEDICATED TO YOU: I cannot believe you and I have come so far. Your book is not goodbye, however - just another beginning. But you're used to that..." 2 comments
03/13/2011 "23%. "John.". He paused and looked over his shoulder toward the bed. "I love you.". *sniff sniff*" 4 comments
03/14/2011
37.0% "As his words took form on the white page, she got to watch him...and relaized she never wanted him to go. She wanted him here beside her forever. Safe. She was truly safe with him around." 1 comment
03/15/2011 "47% - And then in a dead voice, he said, "Go. Enjoy yourself. Just be safe, please, and try not to fall in love with him. He'll break your heart.". *sniff sniff*" 11 comments
03/16/2011
59.0% "When she was face-toface with him, she locked her eyes on his mouth. "Our minds are already together. I want the flesh to follow."" 5 comments
03/16/2011 "59% - "No, you've got it all wrong, John." Reading his emotions, she shook her head. "You're not half the male you could be because of what was done to you. You're twice what anyone else is because you survived."" 1 comment
03/16/2011 "59% - You are so beautiful, he mouthed. But of course she couldn't see his lips. Guess he was going to have to show her. ~~~SIGH~~~ so much yummy goodness at 59%!!" 1 comment
03/17/2011 "60% - When she orgasmed, she said his name. Twice. And didn't it make him glad that even though he had no voice, his ears worked just fine."
03/17/2011 "60% - Jesus Christ, John knew what he was doing. ***THUD***" 1 comment
03/18/2011
69.0% "After it's over, we go our separate ways. We're done ***sniff, sniff***" 12 comments
03/18/2011
70.0% ""You did me right when it mattered. I return the favor. Always. That being said, you compromise my happy home in any way, I'll slice off your balls and feed them to you." I love Wrath, Qhuinn thought. ****LOL! I'm right there w/ ya, Q!****" 1 comment
03/19/2011 "80% - God, wasn't that just like the son of a bitch. Doing the wrong thing for the perfect reason...."I love you," Blay whispered so quietly that the sound of the rushing water drowned out the words. ~~sigh~~"
03/19/2011 "86% - The two of them embraced, chest-to-chest. And when they pulled apart, John waited for Tohr to throw on a shirt, get his leather jacket, and grab his weapons. Then they went downstairs side by side. As if they had never been apart. As if it was as it always had been."
03/19/2011 "86% - All that came to him was...I miss you. I miss you so fucking bad it hurts, but I don't know how to find you even though you're right in front of me." 2 comments
03/19/2011 "91% - L.O.V.E.U.E.V.E.R. ***tears***" 5 comments
03/19/2011 "93% - Yes, he mouthed. I would hold you up. I will ever hold you up and hold you dear, lover mine." 4 comments
03/19/2011 "98% - When John pulled back, he stared straight into those eyes. He is here, he signed. My father is right here with me." 1 comment
03/19/2011 "100% - Eventually, everything that came to pass was exactly how it was meant to be." 2 comments

Leigh OMG! OMG! OMG! I got it! I got it! I was planning to raid Border's tomorrow a.m. Then tonight I remembered that I have access to iBooks thru my hellren's iPad. It just downloaded!!!!! Aaaahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!! I'm so fricking excited! Let's see how long I can stay up tonite! Lol!!! :)

message 2: by ✽ Sharon is an emotional book junkie ✽ (last edited Apr 26, 2010 09:41PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

✽ Sharon is an emotional book junkie ✽ i hate u.....not really....i cant believe ur hubby has an ipad....well, not if ur stealing it....LOL. Enjoy!!!!!

ps....how much was it at iBooks if u dont mind me asking?

~V~ Wow!!..Already!!!???..I'm SO jealous!!!! ;)

Leigh S.Young wrote: "i hate u.....not really....i cant believe ur hubby has an ipad....well, not if ur stealing it....LOL. Enjoy!!!!!

ps....how much was it at iBooks if u dont mind me asking?"

LOL!!! You're too funny!! :D. Nope don't mind at all....it was $12.99. And yep, he got the iPad as "payment" for taking care of me one night not too long ago...it was a fairly rare adults night out that involved me drinking and dancing (he does neither) and taking care of me. I had a blast....totally worth it! Lol!

Leigh M.Vander wrote: "Wow!!..Already!!!???..I'm SO jealous!!!! ;)"

Lol...it won't be long before u have yours. Can't wait to talk about it w/ u guys!! I definitely do not prefer reading the iPad b/c the backlight kills my eyes (I get SEVERE eyestrain), but for JM I'll bear it!! :)

Stacey I've got it!!! And today is just a perfect, meant to be kind of day. Saw a service dog in the book store...good omen...then pulling into my driveway Lady Antebellum came on the radio...another good omen. The rain hasn't started yet so it's a perfect sunny day...I'll be sunning on the deck and the dogs can play in the yard while I read! Oh and I just figured out what the front and back cover old language spells. Time to start reading :)

message 7: by Amy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Amy I'm turning green with envy :-( ... and I'm stuck at work!

Leigh Stacey...that is AWESOME!!! Love the omens!!! Lol!!

Amy...it won't be too long...just think about JM and it'll help get u thru ur day faster. :)

Pamela / SpazP Me tooo!!!! I just got my hard copy (I never splurge on those) and an ebook for my iPhone in case I get any breaks to read at work today!!!
Happy reading!!!!!!!

Leigh Lol, Pamela!!!!! A splurge every once in awhile is OK, ESP. If it's all the hotness of JM!!!!!!!!! :). Happy reading to u all too! :)

✽ Sharon is an emotional book junkie ✽ LOL Leigh....ur hellren is a sweetie!! thanks for the info on the ibooks..i was curious and tried to find the ibooks but couldnt...? So it hurts ur eyes...sry about that. I heard its kinda heavy too?

but on to the good stuff....did u get ANY sleep last night???

Leigh Hi, Sharon - yeah...the iPad is just like staring at a PC all day...causes eyestrain, but for JM it's totally worth it!!! lol!! Nope, not too heavy, but definitely not as light as the Kindle.

Surprisingly, yes, I did get sleep (a couple hours anyhow!), so I'm only as far as ch. 12 but that's ok...I got all day today and tomorrow. :D

✽ Sharon is an emotional book junkie ✽ dang chapter 12...well, im happy ur enjoying it!!

Leigh Rhage and V just appeared and my heart did a little pitter-patter. Love seeing the other Brothers, too!!! :D

~V~ My heart is doing a pitter-patter just reading your post!....although I am reaing about Rhevenge right now and he does have a tendency to do that to me also! :) lol

Leigh Lol! Yep, I agree M. Rehv is awesome...can't wait to see him in LM, too!!! :)

Stacey I thought I would be able to rush through my first read...um, nope! There is ssooooo much information I find I'm reading it a lot slower than anticipated. But that's ok :) Haven't gotten as far as y'all but Z just showed up and even though the scene is quite serious, I couldn't but giggle when I pictured him with what he had in his hand...lol I love Z, but I'm getting very eager for my Rhage to show up!!!

Leigh Lol, Stacey!!! I know...I loved it when Z appeared as well...yes, love that pic of him in my head! :). I find that I am reading very slow as well...like u said there is so much info, so I'm trying to take it all in, and highlighting certain parts in the iPad as well. Also, I have the TV on Nick, jr. for DD, so that's a bit distracting as well, and I'm slowing down to make sure I don't miss anything. :)

Stacey Oh and I'd just like to put it out there that Trez and iAm are cooler than the other side of the pillow! And I would gladly share a pillow with either one ;)

Leigh Lol!!! Yes, those Shadows totally rock!!! Looking forward to reading more about them!! ;)

Leigh Oohhhh....Payne & Wrath!!!!!

Leigh Woo-hoo...Rehv just made an appearance. :P

Stacey What chapter are you on?

Leigh I'm now on 22...rehv showed up a ch. or two ago. Where r u? :)

Stacey 29...how did I get ahead of you?! lol

✽ Sharon is an emotional book junkie ✽ ekkkkk im on chapter 8....i couldnt resist!! i was just gonna read chapter 1...LOL.

Leigh Stacey...lol...I'm reading really slow...DD is distracting... :). Hopefully I'll make up some time tonite after beddy-bye time. :)

Yay, Sharon!!!! Too tough to try and wait it out, huh????? Lol!!!

message 28: by ✽ Sharon is an emotional book junkie ✽ (last edited Apr 27, 2010 04:20PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

✽ Sharon is an emotional book junkie ✽ yes....like a woman and chocolate...LOL

(i chgd it...thats better!!)

Stacey I can see how a little one would be distracting :)

Sharon, did you really think you could stop at after chapter 1?! lol

Leigh Lol, yes, Sharon...that's a perfect analogy. Speaking of women and chocolate, I've been indulging in Nutella covered strawberries as I read. Sooooo good.

✽ Sharon is an emotional book junkie ✽ Hi Stacey....no i guess not!!! LOL.

Leigh....never heard of nutella and strawberries...out here in the west, we use good ol chocolate!!!

Leigh Nutella is a hazelnut chocolate spread that is just divine...and addicting!!! U should try it. :P

Leigh Alrighty...on ch.27.... Young and hellren are in bed....now it's just me and quiet and LM. * sigh *. :)

Stacey I really can't wait until we can all talk about this!!!! I've officially stopped on ch. 40 for tonight. Have to go to work tomorrow :( but will be taking LM with me :) Enjoy your peace and quiet Leigh!!!

Leigh OMG...I now have affirmed w/out a doubt why I picked JM as my fav. This book Is so frickin' good, he is WONDERFUL, and let me just say...Ch. 44-45. Holy smoke!!!!!!! :P

Stacey Yes!!! I read those chapters this morning...GOOD MORNING!! LOL

The way you feel about your affirmation regarding JM is how I feel about Tohr...he is giving Rhage a run for his money. *sigh*

Leigh Aw shucks!!!!! Wow, Stacey...that's saying a lot, esp. as i know how u love Rhage!!!! But I can understand....i'm really liking Tohr as well, both past and present.

So, Stacey, how r u even able to concentrate at work??? Or are u taking a really lllloooooonnnnnggggg lunch today? Lol! :)

Stacey Weeeelllll...we're in the middle of our slow season at work...we won't get real busy until end of July/August. Soooo LM is with me at work, helping me kill time when I have nothing to do. :)

Leigh Niiiiicccccccceeeeeeee. :)

Leigh OH. MY. GOD. i just finished the book, and this is simply the best book i've ever read. Ward has outdone herself...truly...it is just unbelievable. i cannot wait to do a re-read.

channeling Sharon (lol!), i'll post one of my favorite quotes (there are many, but this one just did me in):

"'Yes', he mouthed. 'I would hold you up. I will ever hold you up and hold you dear, lover mine.'"

✽ Sharon is an emotional book junkie ✽ omgosh Leigh....that's soooo sweet...i didnt want to read urs but im glad i did!!! love JM

Stacey Pass the tissues please! *sniff*

Pamela / SpazP aaaaaaand here come the tears again..... siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh. LOVE HIM SO MUCH. LOVE LOVE LOVE. OK I'm done for now.

Leigh i know...i know. and to show how good it is...i just finished the book, and then caught DD writing w/ black sharpie (on hellren's touchscreen remote, no less), and as angry as i am w/ her, my heart is so overwhelmed w/ joy by this book, i just can't help but to continue smiling amidst the personal drama. lol!! and yep, Pamela...i, too, LOVE JM....no doubt, he will continue to be, forever more, my #1 favorite from the BDB. Lover Mine sealed that deal for sure.

Stacey Rut-row...Sharpie is permanent...said Captain Obvious! lol

My affection for JM has definitley deepened as has my affection for Xhex...she floored me a couple of times. This book did her justice just as much as JM.

Leigh no doubt, Stacey...i couldn't agree more!! yes, i love how Xhex was portrayed...so strong, but finally able to step back and realize that she doesn't have to go thru life alone. they are one bada$$ couple...just absolutely perfect for each other. LOVE them!! :)

Stacey But you know I'm kind of surprised Rehv didn't have a bigger roll in this book given the grand scheme of their relationship. But one of his parts did make me a bit weepy.

Leigh ************************SPOILER*********************0

yes...i was surprised about that as well...i was equally surprised when Xhex called him w/ Trey's phone and he didn't answer, knowing where she was and what she was doing. i would have thought he would have been on pins and needles waiting for any call coming in from her or the Shadows. which part are you thinking of that got you weepy? the "talk" w/ JM in the study?

Stacey ************************SPOILER*********************

Yes, his phone went to voicemail...whatup with that?!

And he didn't visit with her before the ceremony. I know Ward can't put everything in there, but thought a scene like that would have made the book.

I got weepy when he saw her in the clinic for the first time after she came back and didn't he hug her? or am I remembering that wrong.

Leigh ******************SPOILER***********************

yes - he walked right over to her after John left and gave her a big-a$$ hug. yes, very touching.

yeah, that was surpising that he didn't have a part or mention in the mating ceremony. i was surprised when even Saxton had gotten a mention as an onlooker, as well as Trez and iAm. i guess Rehv was lumped in with the Brothers.

« previous 1 3