Gaby's Reviews > My Dearest Mr. Darcy

My Dearest Mr. Darcy by Sharon Lathan

Jan 30, 10

bookshelves: chicklit, historical-romance, historical-fiction
Read in January, 2010

If you enjoy novels that extrapolate on the love story of Lizzie Bennett and Fitzwilliam Darcy and Sharon Lathan's books, My Dearest Mr. Darcy will surely entertain.

I enjoyed this the most because in My Dearest Mr. Darcy, Lathan tells the story partly from Dr. George Darcy's point of view. Dr. George Darcy is Fitzwilliam's uncle who lived and worked in India for years and as he writes to Jharna, his love, about his impressions of England and his family during this first visit in decades, Dr. Darcy brings a lively and interesting perspective. I enjoyed reading Dr. Darcy's observations of how Fitzwilliam Darcy had changed and his view on the relationship between Lizzie and Darcy.

I don't want to give anything away, but the other passages that I enjoyed involved (1) a snob who is finally put in her place and is made speechless and (2) the comeuppance of a lady who oversteps.

If you want a quiet escape into the period and people of Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice, you may want to give My Dearest Mr. Darcy a try.

ISBN-10: 1402217420 - Trade Paperback $14.99
Publisher: Sourcebooks Landmark; 1st edition (January 1, 2010), 352 pages.
Review copy provided by the publisher.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read My Dearest Mr. Darcy.