E.J. Stevens's Reviews > Manchester House

Manchester House by Donald Allen Kirch

Jun 26, 2010

bookshelves: ghosts, goodreads-authors, haunting, horror, fiction, mystery, paranormal, read-in-2010, supernatural, supernatural-horror, urban-fantasy
I own a copy

A house steeped in blood and death.
Manchester House was one of the most terrifying reading experiences of my life. I would like to say first that this book is incredibly well written. It should, however, come with a warning. The entire time Kirch's characters walked the haunted halls of Manchester House my lights flickered, lighting flashed, and thunder roared. The moment I would set down my copy of Manchester House the flickering and storm would stop only to begin immediately upon opening the book once again. Something paranormal? It definitely made for a frightening reading experience! Manchester House is a well crafted work of horror that will have you jumping at shadows and keeping the lights on for nights to come.

I would recommend Manchester House to mature readers of paranormal suspense, horror, urban fantasy and fans of paranormal investigations and haunted houses. Keep in mind that this is a terrifying read! There are also some graphic scenes that I would not recommend to young readers or readers sensitive to violence. A must-read for horror fans.

** This review first posted on my blog: www.FromTheShadows.info **

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Manchester House.