Mollie *scoutrmom*'s Reviews > Hot Nights, Dark Desires

Hot Nights, Dark Desires by Eden Bradley

Aug 25, 10

bookshelves: erotic-romance, read-in-2010
Recommended for: fans of erotic romance
Read from August 24 to 25, 2010 — I own a copy, read count: 1

This anthology is a collection of three stories. In The Art of Desire, Eden Bradley creates two characters who are "twisted up inside." The eroticism takes second place to character growth, as it should in a great book. I like the ending, where, instead of having the characters being "cured" of their problems as many other authors do, these two decide to stay together regardless of their problems. As her last sentence says, "That was more than enough." A solid four and a half-star experience.

Shadow Play by Sydney Croft was a fun paranormal tale with characters whose motives are never really made clear to the reader. It seems their protection from being possessed by spirits is ... (drumroll please) ... sexual intercourse. Good light fluff, three-stars worth. I was happy to learn that this copy I'd picked up at Half Price Books was autographed by Croft, in two places.

Night Vision by Stephanie Tyler is a story of two lonely people who learn that they are better off together. The setting is a raunchy roadhouse that has been inherited by a city-girl artist who is unable to handle that kind of trouble, so she hires someone to cool things down. He ends up heating her up very well. This tale had the best love scenes of the three, but the plot was weaker than Bradley's. Four out of five stars.

I'd read this again.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hot Nights, Dark Desires.