Becky's Reviews > Halfway to the Grave

Halfway to the Grave by Jeaniene Frost

Jun 15, 11

bookshelves: fantasy, romance, vampires, 2011, highly-recommended, humorous, mystery-and-thrillers, ebook_nook, reviewed, owned
Read from June 12 to 14, 2011 — I own a copy

Oh my gosh... *fans self* This book was... delicious.

I really, really, really liked this book. I loved the characters and the story and everything. I thought it was all really well done, and I loved seeing Cat grow and learn and find herself.

And Bones. *drool* My goodness is he yumtastic. Sexy, sweet, strong, and with a swoonworthy British accent. I WANT. Why, Jeaniene? Why do you torture me so?? I felt like I needed a bib to read the steamy bits in this one, lest I drool on my new Nook Touch for real. He makes me want to flip back to page one and go again. Please sir, may I have some more?

I wish that I could give this book 5 stars. All the time I was reading it, I wanted nothing more than to keep reading it. And when I wasn't reading it, I was counting the seconds until I could. But, there were some bits that just seemed a little 'hokey' to me. Just a bit of the dialogue felt a teensy bit fake and too "Perfect Man Would Say ____".

But still... I really loved this one, and have a feeling that some sections are gonna see a lot of me. :D *eyes glaze*

...I need a cold shower.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Halfway to the Grave.

06/12/2011
1.0% "I need something fun and quick right now... this seems like it'll work."
06/12/2011
15.0% "This is HILARIOUS. Awesome. :D"
06/13/2011
52.0% "Oh my... :D"
06/14/2011
100.0% "Loved it! Review to come..."

dateDown_arrow    newest »