Angie's Reviews > McKettrick's Heart (McKettrick Men, #3)

McKettrick's Heart (McKettrick Men, #3) by Linda Lael Miller

2006281
Feb 06, 10

bookshelves: romance
Read from January 29 to February 06, 2010

I liked this book about 40/60 - the least of all the McKettrick books I've read/listened to. The last book I listened to was McKettrick's Luck, with Jesse & Cheyenne. My complaint about that book was that their falling in love was too abrupt; there was no development of any sort of commonality or friendship, leading to no basis for a love relationship (imo). This book, the third in the series about the contemporary McKettrick cousins, was even more abrupt. Keegan and Molly argued constantly, he didn't trust her, and said some pretty ugly things about her and her character in general, then all of a sudden they were in love.

The problem with the story was that the characters were believable and relate-able, but some of their thoughts and actions - based on their characters - weren't. The 60% of the book I liked was the characters - the author has done a great job developing this family of characters - I've enjoyed following their stories throughout multiple books. But the 40% "vote" comes from the illogical storyline/plot devices. Several times in this book I thought, "That's dumb." Which doesn't make for an enjoyable read (or listen, in my case).

I don't regret reading the book - it wasn't awful - I just thought the build-up to "love" should have been included. It seems illogical for believable characters to fall in love in a couple of weeks after such a harsh meeting.

I think at this point I'm probably done reading the contemporary McKettricks (I think there's only one left for me - Meg's story), but I may give the historicals another chance.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read McKettrick's Heart (McKettrick Men, #3).

01/29/2010 "-- on disk 2 of 8 of the audiobook. #fb"
02/03/2010 "-- on disk 5 of 8 of the audiobook. #fb"
show 1 hidden update…