Jess's Reviews > The Devil's Playground

The Devil's Playground by Jenna Black

Jul 18, 2010

bookshelves: 2010, urban-fantasy
Read in July, 2010

Overall I'm happy with the way the series has ended. I still don't really like the relationship between Brian and Morgan, they fought too much and Brian just ended up being really whiny. He kept complaining she wasn't open with him and then when she did tell him the truth about things she had been hiding he just got mad at her.

The battles in this book were pretty awesome, there was a lot of conflict and anticipation. I think this really is what made the book really great. I loved the interactions between Morgan and Lugh, I've always liked him from the beginning. I also was surprised by the twists and turns that the book had. I didn't really guess what was going to happen, I had ideas but they ended up being wrong.

I'm satisfied with the end of the series, and I'm happy with the series as a whole. Again, I could have done without some of the annoying relationship issues that Morgan and Brian experienced in EVERY book but other than that I really enjoyed the ride.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Devil's Playground.