Marquetta (LoveToReadForFun)'s Reviews > Succubi Like It Hot

Succubi Like It Hot by Jill Myles

Jan 31, 10

Read on January 30, 2010

Have you ever read a book and absolutely hated the main character but liked the book anyway? That's how I feel about Succubi Like It Hot. My dislike for Ms. Jackie Brighton reached an all new level while reading this novel. My desire to throw my Kindle increased tenfold as I read this book. I didn't see any growth in Jackie as a character. If anything, she's backsliding. She's getting more and more annoying if that's even possible. The book starts off with it being a couple of weeks after their encounter with the vampire queen Nitocris. Jackie has a new job as an archaelogist and she has two hot guys (a fallen angel and a vampire) at her beck and call. The downside is that both guys want a committment. Neither one of them is happy sharing her with the other. They both approach Jackie and demand that she makes a choice. And to make matters worse, Jackie finds out that she's cursed. The need to scratch the Itch becomes more frequent and more intense. This leads her on a roadtrip with Remy to New Orleans to find a cure.

What can I say about this book? I like the book. I hate Jackie. I feel like I'm in an unhealthy relationship. Why continue the abuse? Because I love Noah, Zane and Remy. If it weren't for them, I would have given up on this series after reading Gentlemen Prefer Succubi. I find no redeeming qualities in Jackie; believe me I looked. She's whiny, selfish and idiotic. As a succubus, Jackie has a "spidey sense" where she can sense when she's in danger. Does she pay attention to it? Of course not! That would require someone to have some damn sense! There were many times while reading I smacked my forehead and said, "Jackie, you idiot!" She's also a terrible friend. Remy does so much for her and when Remy needs a favor, Jackie acts like it's an inconvenience.

I know it's hard to believe that I like the Succubus Diaries series but I really do. It's a fun, quick read with humor and adventure. The sex is just ok; nothing special in my opinion. I look forward to reading Book 3. I just hope that there's more character development for Ms. Jackie Brighton.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Succubi Like It Hot.

01/30/2010 page 80
23.67% "Jackie's annoyance has not died down." 1 comment
01/30/2010 page 178
52.66% "I so don't trust Luc."
01/30/2010 page 190
56.21% "Could Jackie be even more stupid? Sheesh!!!"
01/30/2010 page 368
100% "Poor Jackie. She just doesn't get it. Hopefully she grows/matures in book 3."