Andrew's Reviews > The Atrocity Archives

The Atrocity Archives by Charles Stross

819002
Jan 29, 10

Read from January 11 to 22, 2010 — I own a copy

I'm glad I can never find a book by Charles Stross that I don't love, but I'm almost incredulous about it. Like, seriously? How does the man keep churning out hit after hit? At his prolific wordrate, too? Whatever, I shouldn't question it. I should just enjoy it. Just like I enjoyed this book that combines horror and sci-fi with humorous modern-day office politics, creating a world in which Lovecraftian Elder Gods and all of the other squamous, rugose things that showed up in the Cthulhu Mythos are real, and are dealt with in the UK by a black ops agency known as The Laundry. Narrator Bob Howard wrangles computer networks for this agency, but spends a lot of his spare time tangling with horrors from the outer darkness--specifically, in this book, a group of occultist Nazis who survived the end of Hitler's reign and have returned 60 years later. That's the basis of this book, and it's nonstop fun from there on. Check it out.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Atrocity Archives.