Petra Eriksson's Reviews > Transformation

Transformation by Carol Berg

Jan 30, 10

bookshelves: carol-berg, reviewed, favorites
Read in November, 2009

I loved this book, perhaps from page one. I began reading it an evening and at the afternoon the day after I had finished it, it was simply impossible for me to put it down. This is the first book by Carol Berg that I have read, and I'm suprised about how much I loved it. Her name is one that has been following me around, but I have never come around to by one of her books, but I'm so glad I finally did!
I felt it was really thoroughly written, but perhaps the parts about magic needed some further explanations, but it dosen't bring down the book in any way, at least for me. The way Berg writes is like truly taking a step into a new world, a world that works and I can belive to be real. She also writes in a way that makes it look easy, the tempo is smooth and flowing and I'm just flowing along in happy bliss. I also loved the fact that it was written in first-person and that it was done so skillfully that I didn't get bored in the rantings of Seyonne's mind. That is not something to take lightly upon becuase it happens way to often. The language was beautifully and I liked the characters, and I loved the realationship between Seyonne and Aleksander. When I had finnished I threw myself infront of the computer and bought the next two books! Absolutely one of my favorites!
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Transformation.