FlibBityFLooB's Reviews > Shadowfever

Shadowfever by Karen Marie Moning

I savored this audiobook slowly, like a really rich, dark piece of chocolate. I didn't want it to end. Whereas I normally finish approxomiately one book a day, it took me 4 days to finish this book because I took it so slowwwwwwwwwwly. :)

I am definitely glad that I took the time to re-read books 1-4 before reading the fifth and final book. It had been a year and it left me with a good sense of all the questions that I had when I had left book 4 in the series a year before.

I have 98% of my questions answered that I had throughout the series. There are some twists I saw coming, and others I would *NEVER* have dreamed. Karen Marie Moning has a gift with the level of complexity she has weaved into this series.

I am also glad that I took the time to read Moning's Highlander series. There was so much more crossover this particular book, so it was like revisiting old friends. When Adam Black made an appearance I got a big ole grin on my face and started clapping. Picture me with my headphones on beaming, and my husband raising his eyebrow at me like I was a mad woman. Nothing new there, actually. I am mad ;) That being said, I have my husband hooked on the series now. He's in the middle of book 3 as I write this review. *maniacal grin* I've created an addict!

It was an absolutely fantastic series. Definitely one of my favorites, if not the top of my list.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shadowfever.

01/18/2011 page 1
0.0% "I have been waiting impatiently to read this book for the last year. I can't wait to see if the author answers all my questions and if my hunches are correct or not. YAYAYYAYAYYAYA! :) Excitement!"
01/19/2011 page 175
29.0% "Wow. It's been a crazy ride so far ;)"
01/21/2011 page 420
71.0% "I finally found out how Alina died. Definitely a twist I didn't coming. :)"
show 1 hidden update…

Comments <span class="smallText"> (showing 1-3 of 3) </span> <span class="smallText">(3 new)</span>

message 1: by Megan (new) - added it

Megan I can't wait to read this! I have been waiting forever.

FlibBityFLooB I hope you get a chance to read it soon. I was sooooo impatient waiting for the release day ;)

message 3: by Megan (new) - added it

Megan I think I'm gonna break down and buy it on my kindle, lol, I'm so impatient