marlene's Reviews > Coming Undone

Coming Undone by Lauren Dane

Feb 02, 2010

I pretty much fell in love with the Brown family when I read Laid Bare. Watching Brody be able to finally start a life of his own after taking care of everyone around him for so long was nice.

This story was less drama filled than the last book. While Elise had a lot of things to over come throughout her life she was pretty well together by the time we meet her. In the end that let the story be all about Elise and Brody and not filled with so much trauma. There were some truly great lines scattered throughout. who wouldn't want to marry someone who said, "I love you like cupcakes." ?

I am also a sucker for getting to see people we met in the past and where they are at now. This book gave me enough Erin and her boys to be smitten with how things are going for them. Adrian makes enough appearances to have everyone swoon over him and to throw in some verbal butt kicking to his brother.

My only complaint was Raven. She was unnecessary. A completely unlikeable character. She added a level of antagonism that was just somewhat random and not needed. I am going to assume that she will play some part in stories to come, which makes me cringe, but she was just extra filler in this one.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Coming Undone.

01/29/2010 page 150
51.55% "i so do not like Raven. at.all."