Debbie's Reviews > Angels: Who They Are and How They Help-What the Bible Reveals

Angels by David Jeremiah

Jan 28, 2010

bookshelves: christian, non-fiction
Read in January, 2010

This book explored what the Bible says about angels. It was written in an easy-to-follow, somewhat casual writing style. However, the font was small and light, making the book difficult to read.

When Dr. Jeremiah concentrated on what Scripture had to say about angels, the book was excellent...though he did identify a few beings in the Bible as angels that I'm not convinced are angels (like he assumed that "the elders" in Revelations were angels, which not everyone agrees with).

Apparently that wasn't enough material to fill up the book, so he included a lot of speculation about angels. I was rarely convinced by his ideas (especially in chapter 12 and parts of chapters 6, 7, and 13), though usually there wasn't anything I could point to in the Bible that directly disproved it. I appreciated that Dr. Jeremiah was careful to point out when he was speculating versus what came directly from the Bible.

When Dr. Jeremiah was paraphrasing a passage from the Bible about an angel encounter, he would often change the wording of what happened to something I didn't think was quite accurate. The shorter passages stayed pretty true to the Scripture, but I'd highly recommend that you look up the longer passages or ones you don't recognize to see what the Bible really said.

I'd recommend this book to anyone who is fascinated by angels but who isn't familiar with what the Bible says on the subject or who wants to know everything the Bible has to say about angels.

This book was provided for review by the WaterBrook Multnomah Publishing Group.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Angels.