Carolyn's Reviews > Shepherding a Child's Heart

Shepherding a Child's Heart by Tedd Tripp

Jan 28, 10

Read on January 28, 2010

I haven't quite finished this book yet, but think I can review pretty well right now . . . 3 stars or 4??? I like the book alot and think all Christian parents should read it but found some of it to be a little rigid. Also, this man is writing as the parent of (nearly) grown children. I doubt he spent days on end in the training and discipline of pre-schoolers and likely has forgotten some of the day to day frustrations that need to be worked out among siblings that don't deserve the severity of the rod but something more than communication. I do really want to integrate more Biblical training in my communication with my children and hope to do so in the coming days/months. I good refresher after 6 1/2 years on the job.

Also, as a sidenote, I always enjoy the bits in Christian parenting books that are veiled attacks on Dobson. I grew up with a mom who loved Dobson and I have found most of his stuff to be pretty good and didn't realize there was such a large and vocal anti-Dobson movement within the church.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shepherding a Child's Heart.