Colleen's Reviews > Paper Crafting with Carol Duvall

Paper Crafting with Carol Duvall by Carol Duvall

Jan 28, 10

bookshelves: met-the-author, signed-copy, craft, cards_papercraft, non-fiction, reference
I own a copy

I've been rubber stamping since 1979, when I discovered some wood-mounted stamps at a street fair in Westwood Village. Back then, my stamp pads were of the Carters & Stanford office supply variety. Not long thereafter, the rubber stamp craze hit, and I was hooked. My paper crafting world expanded too, as new products were developed to help us embellish the cards we were creating.

However, it wasn't until The Carol Duvall Show that my craft repertoire exploded due to all of her fabulous guests and variety of products. I can't believe that her show hasn't been released on DVD yet - what a crime! The Carol Duvall Show was something I taped daily and looked forward to watching when I came home.

This is a great book with fun craft projects from the Queen of Crafts! Everything from beginner's projects to more involved ones.

I went to the CHA Craft SuperShow at the Anaheim Convention Center this past Friday & Saturday, and meeting Carol was high on my "To Do" list. I had the pleasure to chat for awhile with Carol and Judi Watanabe at the JudiKins booth on Friday. Truly a dream come true, and she's just as sweet & wonderful as you would expect.

Carol also had a panel the following afternoon where she discussed how she started in the TV industry, how crafting entered into the picture, and what she's up to now. Then she opened the floor up to questions. We were delighted to discover most of her former guests showed up to support her: Judi, Dee Guenig, Mary O'Neil, Lisa Pavelka, Donna Kato, Nathalie Metivier, Kathy Thomas, Michael Strong, MaryJo McGraw, Cherryl Greene, and Ana Araujo ~ at least those are the ones I recognized!

Fortunately, Carol's long-time producer Kelly Ehrlich is working toward creating an online craft website called icraftnetwork.com where the old The Carol Duvall Show videos will be available to download any time you want, along with new videos, craft project instructions, new products, etc.

Kelly needs crafters to e-mail her (icraftwithcarol@yahoo.com) if you are interested in seeing this project happen, so that she can prove to finance partners that there is interest in such a site. Share your thoughts on your favorite episode, guest, project, or just say how much you miss the show. Be sure to spread the word to all of your crafting friends too!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Paper Crafting with Carol Duvall.