Doneka's Reviews > Grimpow: The Invisible Road

Grimpow by Rafael Ábalos

Mar 30, 10

bookshelves: fantasy, young-adult
Read from February 10 to March 28, 2010

It was a good book, I have to say that, because if i said it was bad i would be lying. There was lots of adventure, lots of mystery, and a tiny bit of romance, but honestly, I was expecting a lot more. The ending left me hanging, and not in a good way. sure, it was an okay way to end the book, but I was expecting so much more, and the author could have given so much more. It was a nice story, and I encourage people to read it, though i warn them to keep their expectations low.

This book is about a boy named Grimpow, who one winter night finds a body in the snow and shows his friend Durlib. The corpse is well dressed, and has lots of jewels on him meaning he was once a wealthy man. Durlib takes the jems and a stone that the body was holding in his hand. The stone begins to glow, revealing that this is no ordinary stone. When the stone is taken from the man, the body literally disappears, right before their eyes. Now Grimpow and Durlib begin their adventure to find out what the stone really is, who that man was, why he dissapeared, and more.

Memorable quotes:

"Durlib looked at him incredulously. 'What are you saying, Grimpow? Have you forgotten what we are? We are tramps and theives. This is the easiest fortune we've ever made!' 'But we're not corpse desecrators!'"

"'Are you thinking what I am thinking?' he asked. "I believe so.'"

"Then he walked over to Weinell and kissed her as though it would be his last memory of her"

"Grimpow stared at the siren's tentative eyes, then at her breasts"

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Grimpow.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Janice (new)

Janice I like your review. Very meaty, that's how you do it! LoL

Doneka thanks! before i wrote it i thought to myself "...how would Janice write...?" lol