Cris's Reviews > Valiant

Valiant by Jack Campbell

Jan 27, 2010

liked it
bookshelves: aliens, futuristic-sci-fi, military-sci-fi, politics, science-fiction, space-travel, war-battles
Read from January 27 to 28, 2010

The last book didn't make much progress in the series-plot. Valiant made up for that in spades! The big action really starts happening in this installment. (For which I'm grateful. I was starting to get tired of all the big battle scenes. The battles aren't uninteresting, but there are so many that I'm having trouble keeping them straight.)

The one big drawback is the lack of character development. After finishing four books, only a handful of characters are even halfway developed. That lack of development has lead to a lack of connection. I don't really care about most of the characters. And since I don't care, there's not much tension during the battle scenes and other battles. (Because I know Campbell's main characters are going to survive. The story will end if they do.)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Valiant.

01/27/2010 page 245
86.27% "Humans fear death and pain, and when we reach beyond that fear to protect others, we have done something to be proud of."