Sarai's Reviews > A Reliable Wife

A Reliable Wife by Robert Goolrick

Feb 12, 10

bookshelves: read-in-2010, fiction
Read from January 27 to February 12, 2010, read count: 1

So my thoughts are split on this book. I didn't really like it yet something kept me reading it. The characters were people that you weren't meant to like, the story was suppose to make you squirm and be uncomfortable and yet... and yet I finished it. The twist wasn't that great of a twist the end was just okay nothing great and you know what I just didn't care if they got a HEA or not.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Reliable Wife.

01/27/2010 page 1
02/03/2010 page 68
22.3% "So far we've learned that the woman is a con artist and the man likes sex but thinks its evil" 1 comment
02/09/2010 page 167
54.75% "So far the twist has happened and I have to say I'm not too happy about it. But we shall see where it leads."

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Coffcat I have to agree. I really didn't like the characters that much-I felt bad for them. All twisted and unloved they made want to go hug a child. But in the end I was more "meh" than "omg". You can like a bad person-one of the first things I learned from the show Deadwood, but these were just unlikable sad people.

Sarai Yeah it was something I could've gone without reading and not felt a loss or anything. LOL Love that you felt the need to hug a child! I snuggled with my cats b/c lets be real hugging children so not cool.