Laurel's Reviews > Pollyanna

F_50x66
Jan 27, 10

bookshelves: family-read-aloud
Read in January, 2010

Monday morning I had some unhappy news and I was feeling like crawling back into bed and just being depressed. But, I didn't want to let my kids down so I went on Librivox.org to find an audiobook to which we could listen. I browsed through the children's books and found Pollyanna and decided that might be one to cheer me up. I had seen the movie many times before and so I knew the basic plot.

Anyway, it turned out to be one of the most wonderful books I've ever read (or listened to). I cried all through it, which is not unusual for me. Pollyanna, even though she is just a fictional character, has touched my life just as she touched the lives of all the people in the book. Even though I've always liked the movie, the book is much better!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Pollyanna.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Geysa (new)

Geysa I agree. I read this book a couple times and also the sequel, before I saw the movie. That was many years ago when I was still in my early teens and I just loved it from the first time. And I agree that the story is just as good for adults as it's for kids.
I was stoked to find out there are 13 "glad books" to the series, but not all written by Porter.