Shana's Reviews > Finding the Lost

Finding the Lost by Shannon K. Butcher

Feb 18, 10

Read from February 14 to 18, 2010

** spoiler alert ** I am so hot for this book. Right from the beginning the action is very intense we see the warriors on their journey to find a soul mate.
Along the way we find that it is the most unlikely trio. A vampire and two Sentential. The vampire in this story seems gorgeous, yet more magical and scary all at the same time; with the ability to sense the enemy heal and create invisibility. Logan helps Paul track down Andra and just in the nick of time. We also learn the secret of one of the sentential warriors that is very intriguing to me, it kinda makes the two main characters take a back seat for me.

Paul and Andra have both been through trauma of the heart. One has lost all but one family member and the other has lost one of the only other person that would seal his fate as to whether he lived or died in pain and alone. I could defiantly say I was a little upset with Andra for making light of the gift that is essentially given of the heart. I would say she pretty much threw water on the flames. Not only threw water but she also seems to be way too anxious and a little one track minded about her main goal. I really like Paul and I'm glad he is a patient man considering time is running out on him at a fast pace. He can put up with a lot of her pushy have to have my way attitude.

Although I can understand her desperation. Andra reminds me of a lot of women, (including myself at one point). Her desperation to protect her family at all cost and to help others even if it costs her. She is definitely a strong female character. I really like that, but at some point in the book you start to think that she is thick in the head.

Paul is sexy and intense with his feelings toward her and there is no denying his want of her. I just like the idea of these alpha male characters. The tree tattoo is very unique and the idea of having to be with your soul mate to be able to wield the power they each have is a perfect way to be in a union. I wish these men really were real. To have an orgasm just by touch alone, man.

This book has one of the best fore-play and sex scenes written. I think my eyeballs were stuck to the pages hanging on to each sentence and word. Which is something I always enjoy between the two main characters especially when it is in perfect sync with their story.

I have bought into this series hook line and sinker. I will be getting caught up on this series and reading the next installment.

It's an excellent read!
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Finding the Lost.

02/15/2010 page 37
10.42% "Action right from jump, I love it."
02/15/2010 page 139
39.15% "Wish my library had the first book but for some reason they didn't. Glad I was able to put it on their list."
02/16/2010 page 183
51.55% "I like the fore-play and sex scenes in this book. Or we could call it passion."
02/17/2010 page 243
68.45% "This book is shaping up very well and I was also introduced to Zach and the mention of Lexi. But I'm eager for Madoc and Nika's story."

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Shawna (new) - added it

Shawna Great review, Shana! I need to bump this up the TBR! :)