Rachel's Reviews > The Hunger Games

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

Jan 31, 10

bookshelves: 2010
Read from January 26 to 29, 2010

A friend of mine consistently told me to read this book whenever I posted a Facebook update about any books I'd been reading. So, I checked out the book from my campus's interlibrary loan...and wasn't disappointed.

The dust jacket's description of the book pulled me in immediately. I eagerly read this book during spare moments I had during the work week. The premise of the book was unlike anything else I had recently read. I found myself imagining being in the shoes of the various characters, wondering what I would do in their situations. I thought about what it would be like to participate in the Hunger Games with my current lifestyle and how I would struggle to survive given my limited practical skills. The book was so thought-provoking in so many ways, and I can see why not only my friend recommended it, but why it got such rave reviews.

I highly recommend this book to anyone interested in a novel that will keep you up late at night wanting to know what happens next.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Hunger Games.

01/26/2010 page 61

message 1: by Breinn (new)

Breinn After all my prompts for you to do so, you *finally* listened!!! ;) I hope you like it!

Rachel I really enjoyed it, Breinn! I'm actually reading the sequel right now. Have you read that one yet?