Mel's Reviews > Death of a Valentine

Death of a Valentine by M.C. Beaton

Jan 26, 10

Read in January, 2010

Death of a Valentine was definitely an interesting read. First of all, it takes place in Scotland, so some of the conversations are quite interesting if you ask me. I've always liked how the Scottish talk. M.C. Beaton made the story much more interesting by using this lingo in her writing. In ways, it felt like I was right there in the Scottish countryside with the characters.

It was quite mystifying trying to figure out who done it in this story. There were so many suspects and the victim's past started to unfold painting her as a not so great person, quite unlike so many thought. Guess that goes to show, everyone isn't really who they appear to be, are they?

When police woman Josie came into town, I just knew there would be trouble with her. This woman was so demented and troubled, she really was insane I believe. She was definitely one of those charcters that you couldn't even bring yourself to root for. Her total logic was just way off, complete wack job material.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Death of a Valentine.