CJ's Reviews > U is for Undertow

U is for Undertow by Sue Grafton

Jan 26, 10

bookshelves: 2010-books
Read in January, 2010

I could just say, "the best one yet" and be correct, but that seems a little too simple. I started reading this alphabet series after Grafton had written four of them. I loved her descriptions of everything and felt like I was sitting on a park bench in Santa Teresa. I still feel that way.

I met Sue Grafton at a book signing once. She had spoken about how she received letters from people admonishing her about how much Kinsey swore. She reacted by having Kinsey swear less, but felt uneasy about it. Eventually she decided that Kinsey swore because that's who she was and Grafton stopped trying to "fix" it.

In the last couple of books, I felt that Kinsey had hit her stride. She is who she is (so to speak) and she's comfortable with it (and so is Grafton). I loved this book and the only bad thing is how quickly I read it. Now I have to WAIT for the next one.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read U is for Undertow.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Caryn I have read all of Grafton's series and this is an upswing! I felt that "S is for Silence" was her worst. T was better and U even more! Can't wait for V!

Susan I agree with you both. It has been a while since I read a book this quickly.