Hanna's Reviews > Forever

Forever by Maggie Stiefvater

Sep 03, 11

bookshelves: fantasy
Read from August 18 to 29, 2011

I really hate endings that are left to the reader. I like to know what the author originally intended for an ending, not what I think. I want to read what they want and then think of ways it could've ended differently. Also, I don't really like this series. The first book was okay, but I remember disliking the writing style. It was vague and there was a lot of moments when the characters were thinking to themselves in a very Twilight-esque manner. (I find an attraction to this wolf. I shouldn't be with her I'm a wolf. It won't work out. etc.) I don;t know if she was going for mysterious or just serious but the writing of the dialogue and thoughts irked me. Secondly the second book was pointless. She built everything up in the first book and tore it down in the second. It was completely obvious too. Halfway through the book I was like, "Is she seriously doing this?" So my impression of this series declined as I read on. And now the impression is ruined. It took me forever to read this book, and I had to take a lot of breaks. I just couldn't get into it. I've heard The Scorpio Races is really good and I have an ARC copy so I'm going to read it. I hope I like it more than this series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Forever.