Simcha Lazarus's Reviews > The Sword-Edged Blonde

The Sword-Edged Blonde by Alex Bledsoe

Jan 31, 10

This was definitely a fun book to read, with plenty of action, adventure and memorable characters. I did find myself a bit thrown off by the modern names and language, which distracted me a little from the story, and some of the aspects of the mystery solving seemed pretty weak. I was also not particularly satisfied with the resolution to the mystery, which I felt was rather far-fetched and relied too much on the fantasy element of the book, which until then had been underplayed. The solution also revealed the participation of a character in a manner which I found wholly unbelievable, and which still bothers me when I think about it, days after finishing the book.

But these flaws didn't bother me enough to detract from my enjoyment of the story, particularly since I'm not much of a mystery reader anyways. I thoroughly enjoyed losing myself in the world of Eddie LaCrosse and I look forward to picking up the next book in the series, Burn Me Deadly.

For a more detailed review of The Sword-Edged Blonde, visit SFF Chat
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Sword-Edged Blonde.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jon (new) - rated it 3 stars

Jon This was a weird one.

Simcha Lazarus Yeah, it wasn't quite what I expected, but it appears to be a very popular series.