Terra's Reviews > The Highlander's Sword

The Highlander's Sword by Amanda Forester

Feb 03, 10

Read from January 26 to February 02, 2010

The Highlander's Sword by Amanda Forester is a surprisingly radiant gem from a debut author. If you love stories of Highlander's then you will most certainly love this.

Lady Aila Graham has her heart set on being a nun because of her mother drumming this into her since she was but a wee bairn. She has been a loyal daughter to both parents even though there is a rift between her mother and father. Unfortunately now, Aila is caught between the two and can only do what her father tells her no matter how furious her mother will be with the results of her obedience. Hmm...or should I say disobedience or even perhaps both. Arg, talk about being between a rock and a hard place.

Padyn MacLaren has returned from France a knight and is very happy to be home even though what is left of his clan and homeland is mostly in ruins. As Laird to his clan it is up to him to rebuild, strengthen and expand to secure the future of all his people. Upon receiving a missive from the Laird Graham, Padyn sees a future that not only looks promising by doing what he needs for his clan but also it leaves him feeling like a trapped mouse awaiting it's death.

The story is quick paced and quite a wonderful surprise from a debut author. The sentences and paragraphs flow so smoothly that it takes every ounce of will power to put this book down before going googly eyed from fatigue. Let me tell you that this is such a wonderful story that it invaded my dreams making me long for a highlander of my own.

The author has done a better than superb job at giving us a wonderful romp through the Highlands of Scotland with lots of action, misunderstanding's, deceit, frustration, longings, love and the promise of what is in store for those with the patience of a Saint. If you like a lighthearted tale of adventure and a hero and heroine that give off enough friction to ignite a campfire from fifty paces away, then you most assuredly love this novel.
3 likes • Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Highlander's Sword.