Amy's Reviews > Lord Loss

Lord Loss by Darren Shan

Jan 26, 2010

bookshelves: 10th-grade-books
Read in November, 2009

Lord Loss (The Demonata, #1)
By: Darren Shan

Demons, underworld.. Lord Loss is the first book of the Demonata series. In this book, you learn the cruelty of demons. Imagery in this book gives chills down your spine, and you will be on the edge of your seat not wanting to put this book down. I remind you, don't read this before you go to bed.

Grubbs, the protagonist of this book has a really cruel life. His parents get eaten by demons from the underworld. The demons don't have a face, their arms and their legs are from all sorts of peoples, although they don't have a face, the description of their faces in the book gives you a sense of fear. Grubbs goes through many obstacles to find out why his parents got killed by demons, and his uncle helps him. If I was Grubbs, i'd stay away from everything, be glad that I'm alive, and not eaten by the demons. I'd run away as far as possible, although Lord Loss can find you almost anywhere. According to the book, the underworld is connected to the earth by a passage.. Anyone can get through the passage, I wouldn't want to try. I'm too afraid!

I enjoyed this book because it's fantasy. I love fantasy books! Overall, this book left a good impression. Although I read it before I went to sleep, I checked under my bed for any signs of demons. This book is going to be on my favorite books list! It's that awesome.

I would recommend this book to anyone that likes gruesome books, and love fantasy. I wouldn't want to read it before bed. But I did, and I regret it, it gave me a fright! Go read it you fantasy lovers! Or just anyone in general, that wants a good book to read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lord Loss.