Erica (daydreamer)'s Reviews > Sea

Sea by Heidi R. Kling

Aug 23, 10

bookshelves: coolio-covers, 2010-reads, love-love-it, i-own, i-recommend-it, release-in-2010, realistic-fiction, ya
Read from August 22 to 23, 2010

Sea is a luscious, intriguing tale that was beautiful and dreamy. I was pulled straight under the waves from the beginning. It was expertly written and researched. Kling captured the allure and fascination of the Indonesian culture, and the desperation and tragedy of the tsunami perfectly.

Kling did a superb job at bringing her characters to life. They all seemed so real. Sienna was a wonderful character, (also love the name : ) Deni was really great, and the romance between the two was sweet. But honestly, I liked Spider better. Deni was super nice and quite romantic, and I could feel the love that he and Sienna shared, and I knew it was real, but I felt like the love between Sienna and Spider was stronger, like it meant more and could go farther. Although there was a lot more of Deni than Spider in the book, I felt more of a connection with Spider. I don’t know why, that’s just kind of how I felt.

I went into this story not expecting a happily ever after, because I’d read that the two main characters don’t end up together. But there was a happily ever after for both of them, even though it may not be what you were expecting. So I was very satisfied with the ending. It was sad, but also full of love and light as Sienna finally found where she belongs and realized that the trials she went through, and losing a first love was not a waste. Trials like that build us up, and help prepare us for what may happen in the future.

Sea was a fantastic novel. I loved taking the journey with Sienna as she discovered more about herself and what love is, and that love can be found in more than one place, with more than one person, and that perhaps you sometimes may have to have a lost love, before you find the one person you are truly supposed to be with.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sea.