Anita's Reviews > Lover Awakened

Lover Awakened by J.R. Ward

3202140
Jun 11, 12

bookshelves: vampires, paranormal, adult, romance
Read in June, 2012

June 1, 2012 - 3rd Time through. I think this is one of my favorite of the Brotherhood stories. The mean, vicious Z, yet so innocent and child-like!

First Time Through: March 19, 2009
Lover Awakened by J.R. Ward
Genre: Paranormal Romance
Form: Book
Series: Black Dagger Brotherhood

A former blood slave, the vampire Zsadist still bears the scars from a past filled with suffering and humiliation. Renowned for his unquenchable fury and sinister deeds, he is a savage feared by humans and vampires alike. Anger is his only companion and terror his only passion - until he rescues a beautiful female from the evil Lessening Society.

Bella is instantly entranced by the seething power Zsadist possesses. But even as their desire for each other begins to overtake them, Zsadist's thirst for vengence against Bella's tormentors drives him to the brink of madness. Now Bella must help her lover overcome the wounds of his tortured past and find a future with her....

This is my favorite BDB so far! Zsadist is a sheep on wolves's clothing running witless from love, attention or even interaction with anyone. I loved his transition from scared out of his mind to personable vampire. J.R. Ward is doing a wonderful job with this series, the story line keeps moving. I'm already excited to start the next book in the series, because I can't wait to find out what happens to Butch.

My favorite part of this book is without a doubt Zsadist's first kiss. I swear I could feel the emotion radiating off Zsadist and out of the book at the sensation of this intimate touch.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lover Awakened.