mellyana's Reviews > Trail of Crumbs: Hunger, Love, and the Search for Home

196693
Feb 19, 10

bookshelves: girlfriends
Read from February 14 to 19, 2010

mixed feelings. mixed review. i tried hard to like it, but somehow, there are things that disturb me and i can't really tell what's that.

i like the overall theme, and especially the recipe! i am not sure that i will be able to cook one of those fabulous food let alone finding the ingredients in this hometown of mine. but still i like reading the recipe.

i also like the first half - or maybe first third of the book but somehow lost interest and skipped most of the pages. i don't have patience to read page per page, and the words didn't really make me to read it. at the moment, i am reading shantaram, but somehow i managed to read it slowly, captured every words of it.

well, maybe i'll go back someday, reread the book.

come to think of it, i think i am disturbed by the fact that this book mostly wrote her life story with her partner at that time - oliver, the founder of L'occitane. as i love the products, i found this fact quite - i don't know - being used? she changed some names but she keep oliver and laure name. and she wrote only one simple sentence about the two of them...in french. well, there are french sentences everwhere, and what can I expect?

but I do really want to like this book for reasons i don't know.

anyway, it's not a total waste! different person might love this one

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Trail of Crumbs.