Steph's Reviews > Franny and Zooey

3192797
Dec 13, 10

bookshelves: 2010, favorites
Read from December 11 to 13, 2010

I'm not sure what it was about this book that made me fall in love. I'm inclined to think it had something to do with its honesty. Not to mention Zooey had me literally laughing out loud throughout the entire book. Read this instead of The Catcher in the Rye (or at least don't read The Catcher in the Rye instead of this) and you won't be disappointed.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Franny and Zooey.

Quotes Steph Liked

J.D. Salinger
“I'm sick of just liking people. I wish to God I could meet somebody I could respect.”

J.D. Salinger
“It's everybody, I mean. Everything everybody does is so — I don't know — not wrong, or even mean, or even stupid necessarily. But just so tiny and meaningless and — sad-making. And the worst part is, if you go bohemian or something crazy like that, you're conforming just as much only in a different way.”
tags: life

J.D. Salinger
“I love you to pieces, distraction, etc.”

J.D. Salinger
“You don't know how to talk to people you don't like. Don't love, really. You can't live in the world with such strong likes and dislikes.”
tags: self

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Shaunna Caitlyn You like it? I like it better than The Cather in the Rye.

Steph I really do. I liked Catcher in the Rye but didn't think it was amazing like everyone says it is. I didn't like Holden that much but I love Zooey and Franny. Zooey is hilarious.