Alexander's Reviews > The Lost Boy

The Lost Boy by Dave Pelzer

M_50x66
Jan 24, 10

bookshelves: 10th-quarter2

Dave Pelzer has done it again with The Lost Boy. In this book, the story of A Child Called "It," is continued as an abused boy is forced to adapt to several new environments as he is put into foster care. He struggles with this, constantly finding himself unable to fit in with the other children or being forced to do things that are uncomfortable for him. He goes from place to place searching for a family in which he can call his own that will love and accept him. However, all along the way, the thought of his abusive mother follows him, as he wishes he could obtain the love from her he had never gotten before.

I found this book to be just as touching as the prequel. The fact that this was a true story surprised me even more as I was reading it. I could not believe that this boy had been so unfortunate, causing me to think about how privileged I am. I was moved by this boy's courage and by the end I was almost driven to tears. I would recommend this book and it's prequel to EVERYONE I know because it is just that touching. You will not regret reading it!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Lost Boy.